GET TO KNOW EDWIN
Edwin is in the firm’s Dispute Resolution and Private Clients Practice Group. He has experience in civil litigation and arbitration proceedings, in areas such as disputes between shareholders / joint venture partners, equity and trusts, disciplinary proceedings, contentious probate and employment matters. He also regularly advises clients on wills and probate, and lasting power of attorney. Edwin has been invited by various organisations to deliver seminars / webinars (in English or Mandarin) on issues ranging from debt recovery to estate planning.
Edwin has been involved in matters at all levels of the Singapore Courts (including the Court of Appeal), and has acted as lead counsel in matters before the High Court of Singapore and disciplinary tribunals (as prosecuting counsel).
- Successfully acted for client in seeking a declaration that she was the lawful wife of the deceased, pursuant to section 181 of the Women’s Charter (Wong Swee Hor v Tan Jip Seng and others  1 SLR 929).
- Successfully acted for clients in defending a claim involving allegations of misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duties, breach of trust, constructive trust, resulting trust, common intention constructive trust, non-est factum, undue influence, conspiracy by unlawful means, and minority oppression under Section 216 of the Companies Act. The High Court’s decision was subsequently upheld by the Court of Appeal (Ong Bee Dee (executor of the estate of Ong Tuan Seng, deceased) v Ong Bee Chew and others  3 SLR 579).
- Acted for an Indonesian businessman in a complex dispute with Asia’s leading oil and gas logistics company in multiple Suits involving 9 sets of solicitors, involving allegations of breach of fiduciary duties, conspiracy, knowing receipt and dishonest assistance.
- Acted for a US company in a claim against a company listed in the Republic of China, for payment of commission due under an agreement.
- Acting for a Hong Kong company in various Court proceedings (including applications for injunction and stay of Court proceedings in favour of arbitration) and arbitration proceedings against subsidiaries of a Singapore listed company, concerning breaches of a joint venture agreement.
- Acting in disputes over ownership of properties, involving allegations relating to the validity of Wills, resulting trust, common intention constructive trust and wrongful lodgement of caveat.
- Acting for a former Chief Executive Officer against his former employer for unpaid salary, bonuses and expenses.
- Acting for the Singapore Medical Council and Singapore Dental Council in proceedings against their members, including Steven Ang Kiam Hau and Clarence Teo Shun Jie.