There are many day-to-day legal issues that will have to be considered in the running of a business, and almost all business transactions involve some contractual arrangements between the parties. It is therefore important that clients can fully understand the legal risks involved in a business transaction prior to sealing the deal, and ensuring that the commercial terms are properly documented.
We work with businesses of all sizes, and help clients successfully navigate the labyrinth of legal issues in their business transactions. Our clients range from start-ups who may be entering into commercial contracts for the first time, to established businesses that require day-to-day legal advice to enhance their stakeholder value. We regularly draft and/or review a myriad of contracts – from supply and distribution agreements to outsourcing and profit-sharing agreements.
By drawing on the multi-jurisdictional, multi-lingual and varied industry experience of our commercial team, we offer practical legal solutions and market insights into helping our clients achieve their commercial objectives, and minimise risks.
Rankings Received From Professional and Commercial Publications
Best Lawyers Thirteenth Edition : Two Partners are ranked for Mergers and Acquisitions Law, and one Partner is ranked for Corporate Law
- Read more >>
The difference between a warranty, an indemnity and a condition
The distinction between warranties and indemnities and conditions is critical as the remedies to which innocent parties are entitled differ depending on whether the term breached was a warranty, an indemnity, or a condition. This article discusses the key differences between conditions, warranties, and indemnities in relation to the sale and purchase of shares.
Click on the bullet points to find out more
- CNPLaw advised RELX Singapore on collaboration with Walt Disney
- CNPLaw advised on Conditional Sale and Purchase Agreement/Convertible Loan Agreement relating to International Natural Resources Pte. Ltd.
CNPupdates – publications written by our Commercial Contracts Lawyers
- CNPLaw Business Guide Series: Singapore government grants and incentives
- Understanding Electronic Signatures in Singapore
- Is your contract affected by COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020?
- How to use the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act to protect you and your business from an economic downturn
- An update: COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) (Control Order) Regulations 2020
- COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) (Control Order) Regulations 2020
- COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Bill
- Contractual terms: Does the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak constitute a force majeure event in Singapore?
- Brexit: Breaking Up is Hard to Do
- Amendments to the Companies Act to reduce regulatory burden and improve ease of doing business
- Amendments to the Companies Act to improve transparency of companies
- Brexit and its implications from the perspective of Singapore
- Indonesia’s e-commerce is open for foreign direct investment
- Carriers versus Shippers – The Rotterdam Rules: Striking a more appropriate balance
- Penalty Clauses – Decision by the UK Supreme Court in the case of Cavendish Square Holding BV v Talal El Makdessi
- Phased implementation of Companies (Amendment) Act