At CNPLaw LLP (“CNP”), we believe that everyone has some knowledge or experience or skills to contribute to the firm. We value our people and want every person in the firm to have the opportunity to develop and achieve their highest potential. We therefore invite applicants who are highly committed and motivated with strong work ethics to join us.
IP Associates with a minimum of 3 years’ PQE
- LLB with minimum 3 years’ PQE in registration of trademarks and designs, IP Licensing, IP due diligence, enforcement of IP rights and franchising
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills for interacting with clients and other professionals
- Attention to detail
- Ability to be successful in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Business development skills; eager to grow the practice
We are looking for a young lawyer qualified to practise Singapore law to work in our corporate advisory team. The ideal candidate should have:
- at least 1 to 2 years of experience with corporate work involving M&A, private equity, joint ventures and cross-border transactions as well as general corporate and commercial work;
- good technical legal and drafting skills, with attention to details;
- the ability to articulate well with colleagues and clients;
- the ability to work well under pressure and multi-task efficiently; and
- a self-driven approach and positive attitude.
Role & responsibilities:
- Administer billings, ensuring (i) accurate recording of revenue and disbursements, (ii) complete and correct charging of related costs, (iii) correct GST charging.
- Assist with daily posting of expenses directly related to billings
- Assist with posting of receipts and fund transfers
- Monitor overdue AR accounts, identifying strategies to improve collections and reduce bad debt write-offs
- Actively track and follow up on actions required for ongoing collection efforts
- Direct contact with clients with overdue debts to resolve any collection issues
- Prepare monthly schedules and bank reconciliation
- Perform other ad-hoc accounting/ administrative duties as required
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting or Finance; LCCI qualifications
- 2-3 years’ experience in billing and/or AR management and collections. Experience in legal services industry preferred.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Organized, systematic and meticulous, with an eye for detail
- Proactive, persistent and committed
- Strong communication skills
- Mature and positive outlook
- Able to work under pressure
- A team player but able to also work independently under tight deadlines
We are inviting applicants who are highly committed and motivated with strong work ethics and are team players to apply for the position of Office Manager to lead and manage all aspects of office operational activities including Human Resources & Office Administration, Business Development & Marketing, Information Technology, etc.
Role & responsibilities:
- Human Resources & Training: Create a collaborative and client-centric firm culture (manpower planning & recruitment, training & development, employee relations)
- Office Administration: Develop and implement office policies; perform periodic review of work processes to improve workflow efficiency and optimize the firm’s support resources
- Business Development & Marketing: Lead the firm’s marketing and communications programmes to create/ develop business opportunities
- Information Technology: Oversee the implementation of suitable technology solutions that enhance our current capabilities and meet our future needs
- At least a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ management experience in HR & Admin, Operations and/or Office management
- Strong interpersonal skills; experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Experience in consulting with senior management
- Exposure to professional services firms/ legal industry an advantage
Practice Training and Internship
At CNP, our practice trainees are an integral part of the firm. Hence, the learning and development of each trainee is important to us. Throughout the training contract, you will have the opportunity to experience different disciplines by working with associates and partners of different practice areas.
Applicants shortlisted for a practice training contract in 2022/2023 with the firm are expected to attend a month-long structured internship programme in June/July 2020. We invest considerable time and resources to run the programme which is open to all undergraduates. However, in our experience, applicants who have completed at least 2 years of law school tend to find the programme more rewarding. All applicants who are accepted into the internship programme are expected to commit themselves to the full programme which will cover the varied aspects of legal practice.
Priority for training contracts is offered to those who have completed the internship programme with us.
Our Practice Trainee Package comprises
- A competitive monthly honorarium during the training contract period.
- Traineeship allowance for time spent on preparatory course leading up to Part B of the Singapore Bar Examinations.
- Reimbursement of the fees for the preparatory course leading to Part B of the Singapore Bar Examinations a year after retention as an associate.
- Filing and stamping fees of court documents necessary for admission to the Singapore Bar upon retention as an associate.
First-year associates can expect a competitive salary package.
HOW DO I APPLY
Applications for Practice Training in 2022/2023 may be made at any time. Email us at email@example.com with the subject title “Application for PTC2022” or “Application for PTC2023“, as appropriate. Please include the following in your application:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae (including a recent photo of yourself)
- Transcript of your academic results (from GCE “O” level onwards)
- Testimonials and other document(s) you wish us to consider
Please also indicate in your cover letter your preferred practice group, as well as your availability in June or July 2020 for the internship programme.
We endeavour to contact shortlisted candidates within 6 to 8 weeks of their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the internship programme with us in June/July 2020.