At CNPLaw LLP (“CNP”), we believe that everyone has some knowledge or experience or skills to contribute to the firm. We value our people and want every person in the firm to have the opportunity to develop and achieve their highest potential. We therefore invite applicants who are highly committed and motivated with strong work ethics to join us.
IP Associates with a minimum of 3 years’ PQE
- LLB with minimum 3 years’ PQE in registration of trademarks and designs, IP Licensing, IP due diligence, enforcement of IP rights and franchising
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills for interacting with clients and other professionals
- Attention to detail
- Ability to be successful in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Business development skills; eager to grow the practice
Role & responsibilities:
- Assist in day-to-day general accounting matters
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing business transactions (e.g. invoices & payments, bills & receipts)
- Identify incoming funds from bank statements; reconcile bank statements
- Month-end closing; year-end financial closing
- Perform other ad-hoc accounting/ administrative duties as required
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting or Finance; LCCI qualifications
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- A team player but able to also work independently under tight deadlines
Practice Training and Internship
At CNP, our practice trainees are an integral part of the firm. Hence, the learning and development of each trainee is important to us. Throughout the training contract, you will have the opportunity to experience different disciplines by working with associates and partners of different practice areas.
Applicants shortlisted for a practice training contract in 2022/2023 with the firm are expected to attend a month-long structured internship programme in June/July 2020. We invest considerable time and resources to run the programme which is open to all undergraduates. However, in our experience, applicants who have completed at least 2 years of law school tend to find the programme more rewarding. All applicants who are accepted into the internship programme are expected to commit themselves to the full programme which will cover the varied aspects of legal practice.
Priority for training contracts is offered to those who have completed the internship programme with us.
Our Practice Trainee Package comprises
- A competitive monthly honorarium during the training contract period.
- Traineeship allowance for time spent on preparatory course leading up to Part B of the Singapore Bar Examinations.
- Reimbursement of the fees for the preparatory course leading to Part B of the Singapore Bar Examinations a year after retention as an associate.
- Filing and stamping fees of court documents necessary for admission to the Singapore Bar upon retention as an associate.
First-year associates can expect a competitive salary package.
HOW DO I APPLY
Applications for Practice Training in 2022/2023 may be made at any time. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Application for PTC2022” or “Application for PTC2023“, as appropriate. Please include the following in your application:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae (including a recent photo of yourself)
- Transcript of your academic results (from GCE “O” level onwards)
- Testimonials and other document(s) you wish us to consider
Please also indicate in your cover letter your preferred practice group, as well as your availability in June or July 2020 for the internship programme.
We endeavour to contact shortlisted candidates within 6 to 8 weeks of their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the internship programme with us in June/July 2020.