At CNPLaw, the firm has lawyers experienced doing legal work related to Indonesia matters in the forms of the following: investment into Indonesia including seeking approval from BKPM, setting up PMA companies, advising on Indonesia company law; structuring and optimising investment in compliance with negative list, joint venture with Indonesia entities, acquisition of Indonesia entities, legal due diligence on Indonesia companies and legal opinion on certain aspect of Indonesia law.
CNPLaw LLP advises Pison Investments Pte. Ltd. on its invitation to senior unsecured creditors of the Hyflux group to offer their debt to Pison in a reverse Dutch auction
Pison Investments is represented by CNPLaw LLP. The team is led by Managing Partner Lisa Theng and other partners involved are Bill Jamieson, Ken Chia, Subbramanian Pillai and Kenn Lim.
Click on the bullet points to find out more
- CNPLaw advised global exhibition organiser on acquisition of annual Indonesian automobile show
- CNPLaw acts as counsel on the establishment of Hera Capital Partners Holdings V Pte. Ltd., investor in a series C investment round by Alodokter
- CNPLaw LLP advised the largest private bank in India on secured back-to-back letter of credit facilities to PT Virema Impex in Indonesia and Virema Commodities Pte. Ltd.
- CNPLaw advises local eyewear distributor in joint venture with key industry player in Indonesia
- CNPLaw advised a global event organizer on acquisition of event in Indonesia
- CNPLaw acts as counsel for Hera Capital Holdings IV Pte. Ltd., investor in a series E-plus pre-IPO investment round by Go-Jek
- CNPLaw acts as counsel to Hera Capital and DSG Consumer Partners for their investment in SaladStop!
- CNPLaw acted for Reed Exhibitions in its establishment of an Indonesian joint-venture with Panorama Exhibitions
The following are Indonesia related matters previously handled by our lawyers:
- Legal due diligence on hydroelectric powerplants owned by a listed company in SGX in connection with ipo in HK;
- Legal diligence on a real estate management services group’s business of serviced office in Jakarta, and dealing with issues of property acquisition pending issuance of title (HGB) in connection with ipo in HK;
- Acted for a listed Malaysia company in the acquisition of a cigarette printing company situated in Indonesia from BAT;
- Acted for a Singapore listed company in a joint venture with an Indonesia company to develop a 5-star hotel in Belitung;
- Acted for a renowned hotel in Singapore in restructuring its business investment in Bali and Jakarta;
- Acted for Indonesia company in a joint venture with China’s steel company in building Indonesia’s largest steel and iron plant, coking plant, jetty and rolling plant in Kendal;
- Acted for a Singapore listed company in acquiring the shares of a local Indonesia company that was granted land concession from BP Batam for property development.
- Acted for an Indonesian telecommunications provider in its general corporate matters of its Singapore subsidiary;
- Acted for a Singapore listed company with key business activities in Property Rental and Hospitality, Property Development, Engineering and Distribution, in its disposal of an Indonesia subsidiary;
- Acted for a Singapore F&B manufacturer in its joint venture of its franchise business in Indonesia;
- Acted and advised a MNC with operations spanning six continents in sectors ranging from logistics and maritime to properties and hospitality, in its corporate and shipping business operations in Indonesia;
- Acted for a Singapore listed company that provides communication design and production services, in its provision of design and construction business in Jakarta;
- Acted and advised many Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, European companies expanding into Indonesia in various line of business including retail, manufacturing, medical services, food and beverage, fertilizer and others;
- Working closely with Jakarta office in maintaining the company’ constitutional documents.
- Acted for a Singapore listed shipping company in a S$12m acquisition of a vessel in Indonesia via a joint venture with a private equity firm
- Acted for a Singapore listed real estate group in the sale of its business in Indonesia
- Acted for a leading UK gym chain in the restructuring of its business in Indonesia
- Acted for a Singapore listed engineering group in a HKEX Mainboard dual primary listing in relation to its Indonesia subsidiaries
- Acted for a Singapore real estate group in a SGX Catalist listing and proposed HKEX Mainboard listing in relation to its Indonesia subsidiaries
- Acted for a Singapore oil & gas group in a proposed SGX Catalist listing in relation to its Indonesia subsidiary
- Acted for an European purchaser in its acquisition of majority interests in an Indonesian company. The consideration payable in tranches amount to over S$32 million
- Acted for a Singapore dating services company in its acquisition of assets from an Indonesian company and the setting up of a joint venture in Indonesia
- Acted as lead counsel for an European purchaser on its acquisition of a non-tangible asset in Indonesia for a consideration of S$3 million
CNPupdate, News and Events
CNPLaw’s Partner, Mr Jimmy Yap was invited to be on the Singapore Business Federation panel of speakers and shared from a legal perspective, his thoughts on the Indonesian economy post COVID-19
A webinar was recently hosted by the Singapore Business Federation on 5 June 2020. Mr Jimmy Yap and other expert speakers from Indonesia (Jakarta) and Singapore shared an overview and outlook of the Indonesia economy due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Click on the bullet points to find out more
- Indonesian Investment Updates – A quick introduction to Indonesian Labour Law
- Mr Jimmy Yap audited the course on Indonesian law held at the National University of Singapore
- Corporate governance in Indonesia – what you need to know about the Board of Directors and Board of Commissioners
- Establishing a presence in Indonesia – what you need to know
- The Madrid Protocol – How brand owners can protect their trademarks internationally
- INDONESIA INVESTMENT UPDATES: A snapshot of the investment laws and regulations of Indonesia, with a particular focus on those applicable to foreign investments in the food and beverage industry
- Indonesia’s e-commerce is open for foreign direct investment
- Lawyer from CNPLaw authors the Singapore chapter of the Industrial Relations Law Across the World (2nd Edition) publication
- Asia Region Funds Passport
Jimmy’s main areas of practice for non-contentious work are Indonesia related corporate and commercial matters – such as investment into Indonesia, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, and franchising & licensing. In addition, he also focuses on Singapore and Hong Kong IPO-related legal due diligence.
Hazel main areas of practice include cross-border M&A, joint ventures, private equity and general corporate advisory. Hazel has advised various companies ranging from tech start-ups to blue-chip MNCs. She is recognised as a “Notable Practitioner” by IFLR1000 for 2019 and 2020.