GET TO KNOW HUIMIN
Huimin is a Partner with the firm’s Dispute Resolution team and Family Law team. She graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2011 from the prestigious Double Degree Programme in Law and Business Administration. She was conferred an LLB (Hons) and a BBA (Hons). Huimin called to the Singapore bar in 2012. Her main area of practice is general civil and commercial litigation. She has been involved in various civil trials and hearings before the State Courts, the High Court and the Court of Appeal of Singapore. She is also an SMC Accredited Mediator.
Huimin also has a specialised focus in private client and family-related matters. This includes advising on pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, high net-worth financial settlements arising out of divorce and relationship breakdown, interim financial applications, complex discovery applications and disputes involving children. She has considerable experience in high value divorces involving non-disclosure of assets, cross-jurisdiction assets and multi-million dollars assets. She has also acted for clients in both contentious and non-contentious probate matters, deputyship applications, divorce proceedings, ancillary matters, custody and maintenance issues.
Huimin is a keen advocate. She has appeared before the Family Justice Courts and the High Court in highly contentious cases and complex litigation. She also has also facilitated the resolution of many cases through private settlements and mediation.
Huimin’s cross-disciplinary knowledge and skills in business and law have provided her with a competitive edge. She has the capability to provide a unique mix of complementary services and she regularly advises clients on employment matters and other business-related disputes. Her skillset has allowed her to be effective in representing clients in commercial disputes and particularly, in handling shareholder disputes. She is adept at handling issues relating to the division of business assets in matrimonial proceedings.
Huimin believes strongly that access to justice should be made available to both the rich and the poor. As an assigned solicitor of the Legal Aid Bureau, Huimin also advises legally aided clients in need of legal assistance and acts for them in court proceedings.
- Acted for a Plaintiff before the High Court in an 8-days trial to claim sums invested in a failed joint venture
- Acted for a Defendant and successfully defended a claim for sums paid out of a bank account in a breach of mandate and a claim for unjust enrichment
- Acted for a foreign wife and successfully obtained a stay of divorce proceedings in Singapore in favour of court proceedings in a foreign jurisdiction.
- Successful before the Court of Appeal in defending against an appeal on the decision in TBZ v TCA  SGHCF 18 on an equal division of matrimonial assets in excess of S$20 million
- Acted for beneficiaries of a deceased’s estate in highly contentious probate proceedings involving an estate’s value exceeding S$3 million
- Acted for a legally aided applicant in a contentious application for the appointment of deputy for an elderly dementia patient
- Acting for a wife in highly contentious divorce proceedings involving division of assets and family businesses exceeding S$25 million in value