GET TO KNOW HUIMIN
Huimin is a Partner with the firm’s Dispute Resolution team and Family Law team. She graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2011 from the prestigious Double Degree Programme in Law and Business Administration. She was conferred an LLB (Hons) and a BBA (Hons). Huimin was called to the Singapore bar in 2012.
Her areas of practice include civil and commercial litigation. She has been involved in various civil trials and hearings before the different levels of Courts in Singapore. She is also an SMC Accredited Mediator and SMC Certified Family Mediator.
Huimin has a specialized focus in private client and family-related matters. She has advised on pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, high net-worth financial settlements arising out of divorce and relationship breakdown, interim financial applications, complex discovery applications and disputes involving children. She has considerable experience in high value divorces and contentious matters involving non-disclosure of assets, cross-jurisdiction assets and multi-million dollars assets. She has also acted for clients in both contentious and non-contentious probate matters, deputyship applications, divorce proceedings, ancillary matters, custody and maintenance issues.
Huimin is a keen advocate. She has appeared before the Family Justice Courts, the High Court and the Court of Appeal in highly contentious cases and complex litigation. She has also facilitated the resolution of many cases through private settlement and mediation.
Huimin’s cross-disciplinary knowledge and skills in business and law have provided her with a competitive edge. She is adept at handling issues relating to the division of business assets in matrimonial proceedings. She also advises clients on employment matters and business-related disputes. Her skillset has allowed her to be effective in representing clients in commercial disputes and particularly, in handling shareholder disputes.
Huimin believes strongly that access to justice should be made available to all segments of society. As an assigned solicitor of the Legal Aid Bureau, Huimin has acted for legally aided clients in court proceedings.
- Acted for a Plaintiff in an 8 days’ trial to seek revocation of the Grant of Probate obtained by the Defendant and to seek a determination on the validity of Wills executed by the deceased mother
- Successfully acted for the 3rd Plaintiff in a contested deputyship application under the Mental Capacity Act in WLR and another v WLT and another and other matters  SGHCF 24
- Acted for Plaintiff wife before the High Court (Family Division) in HCF/DT 3918/2019 in contested divorce and ancillary matters involving division of assets and family businesses across multiple jurisdictions exceeding S$20 million
- Acted for the Plaintiff wife in WEG v WEH  SGFC 49 in divorce proceedings, ancillary matters and successfully defended the client against the Defendant husband’s application to set aside all the orders made by the Family Justice Courts.
- Acted for the Plaintiff wife in HCF/DT 1031/2020 before the High Court (Family Division) in obtaining consent orders over custody and access arrangements of two teenage children, maintenance issues and division of matrimonial assets.
- Successfully acted for a Respondent husband before the Court of Appeal in defending an appeal over the decision in TBZ v TCA  SGHCF 18
- Acted for a foreign wife and successfully obtained a stay of divorce proceedings in Singapore in favour of court proceedings in a foreign jurisdiction.
- Acted for beneficiaries of a deceased’s estate in contentious probate proceedings to compel the distribution of the deceased’s estate
- Acted for the Plaintiff in Darcet Pte Ltd v Schweizer Energy Production Singapore Pte Ltd and others  SGHC 22 before the High Court in an 8-days trial to claim sums invested in a failed joint venture
- Successfully acted for a Third Party to defend a claim for sums paid out of a bank account in a breach of mandate and a claim for unjust enrichment in Lo Man Heng and another v UBS AG (Yap Loo Mien, third party)  SGHC 134
- Acted for the Plaintiff husband in Giuseppe De Giosa v Shirin Carmel Marie Jacob  SGFC 29 and in the appeal before the Family Division of the High Court