+65 6349 8714
Subra’s practice has been primarily in the field of commercial litigation and arbitration. He heads the firm’s International Arbitration and Construction, Engineering and Infrastructure teams.
He has had an active commercial litigation practice for the last 26 years, he regularly advises and represents publicly listed companies, multi-national corporations and high net worth individuals in a variety of corporate and commercial disputes in the High Court and the Court of Appeal in Singapore.
As an accredited Arbitrator and experienced Arbitration Counsel, he has also advised and represented clients in several international arbitrations such as clients from the Middle East, India, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia.
Some notable cases which he has been involved in include:-
- Acted as lead Counsel for the Singapore subsidiary of a public listed French Conglomerate in a dispute involving the design and construction of two cement storage silo facility at Pulau Damar Laut off Jurong Island, Singapore. The claim amount was S$26 million.
- Acted as Counsel for a publicly listed Shipyard in a 76 days arbitration involving claims by electrical sub-contractors under a shipbuilding contract involving the building and commissioning of an oil tanker for Statoil in Norway. The claim amount was S$16 million.
- Acted as a Counsel in an International Arbitration in Singapore for an internationally renowned Belgian/Singapore joint venture logistics company against Professional Engineers over the structural collapse of a Petrochemical logistics facility in Rayong Province, Thailand.
- Advised and acted as Counsel for the former Chief Operating Officer of publicly listed Airocean Ltd in a landmark appeal against conviction and sentencing before the Honourable Chief Justice of Singapore. The charges include reckless non-disclosure of material information to the public, disclosing misleading information to the SGX and the public and three counts of Insider Trading. The charges for reckless non-disclosure of material information to the public, disclosing misleading information to the SGX were dismissed and we successfully appealed to reduce the custodial sentence for insider trading to a fine.
- Advised and acted for a Thai company in a successful appeal before the Court of Appeal in Singapore involving issues relating to the jurisdiction of arbitral tribunals and the enforceability of multi-tier dispute resolution clauses.
- Advising and drafting the contract for the design and construction of two cement silos and storage facility off Jurong Island, Singapore;
- Advising on the Main contract for a major phase of one of the Integrated Resort projects in Singapore;
- Advised on a design and consultancy agreement for the design and construction a villa development within a site area of 113,098 sq ft comprising of 164 villas, clubhouse and service buildings in Ho Chi Min City, Vietnam;
- Advising Specialist Contractors in relation to the supply and installation of infrastructure facilities for an oil and gas project in Rajasthan, India;
- Advising on a design consultancy agreement for a luxury hotel complex at Juha beach, Mumbai, India.
Kindly refer to Subra’s LinkedIn profile for an extensive list of cases which he has been engaged in.