At CNPLaw, we understand that the current rapid advances in technology are significantly disrupting the way businesses operate and forcing them to evolve to stay relevant. In this fast-changing world, our clients will need lawyers that they can rely on to help them navigate the challenges and stay ahead of the technology game.
Our technology law team constantly monitors the latest technological developments and assesses how they might impact our clients’ businesses. Our mission is to help our clients respond to and embrace these changes to enable them to thrive in this new environment.
We provide our clients with end-to-end, intuitive advice on all forms of technology and e-commerce related transactions, including:
Business Process Outsourcing
Crowd Funding Platforms
Online Payment Systems
Technology Transfer Arrangements
Personal Data Protection and Security
Collaborative Research and Developments
Social Media Initiatives
Our extensive experience, combined with our entrepreneurial approach, is ideal for both established companies looking to adapt and evolve their existing operations, as well as start-up companies seeking guidance on next-steps forward.
Rankings Received From Professional and Commercial Publications
CNPLaw LLP advised Tech Data on its acquisition of the Innovix group of companies, a member of the Fortune Global 500-listed Jardine Matheson Group.
Click on the bullet points to find out more
- CNPLaw LLP acted for a US e-sports gaming content creator on its joint venture in South East Asia
- CNPLaw LLP acted for a Singapore-based digital platform operator on its series A funding
- CNPLaw LLP advised ADERA AI on its joint venture with BreadTalk Group
- CNPLaw LLP advised a Singapore online e-commerce platform operator on its series B fundraising
- CNPLaw LLP advised on the restructuring of AirGSM Pte Ltd
- CNPLaw advised Symphony International Holdings Limited on its investment into Smarten Spaces Pte. Ltd.
- CNPLaw advised a Singapore online e-commerce platform operator on its series A fundraising
- CNPLaw advised Distributed Ledger Technologies Pte. Ltd. on its acquisition of Dowser Group Pte. Ltd. and Dowser Group India
- CNPLaw acts as Singapore counsel for the launch of R.E. Lee International Capital SPC
- CNPLaw acts as counsel for Hera Capital Holdings IV Pte. Ltd., investor in a series E-plus pre-IPO investment round by Go-Jek
- CNPLaw advised Silverlake Axis Ltd on acquisition of Silverlake Digital Economy Sdn Bhd, Silverlake Digitale Sdn Bhd and Silverlake One Paradigm Sdn Bhd
- CNPLaw advised Silverlake Axis Ltd on acquisition of three Silverlake private entities
- CNPLaw acted as counsel for Paynear Technologies Private Limited’s acquisition of the GoSwiff business
- CNPLaw acts as counsel for the launch of the Wavemaker Pacific Fund
- CNPLaw advised Singapore entrepreneur group on online debt-based crowd funding platform under MAS CMS licence
- CNPLaw advised Easy Touch Pte Ltd on series-A funding from venture capitalists
- CNPLaw acted for transcosmos inc. on the acquisition of the voting share capital of Anchanto Pte. Ltd
- CNPLaw advised Silverlake Axis Ltd in its acquisition of SunGard Ambit Singapore Pte Ltd
- CNPLaw advised China Auto Corporation Ltd on the company’s acquisition in Neftech Pte Ltd
- CNPLaw advised GuardTime on restructuring its group under a Singapore holding company and raising equity of US$8 million to help fund its global infrastructure
- CNPLaw advised clients on request for proposals for provision of technology software services
- CNPLaw advised Silverlake Axis Ltd on S$340 million acquisition
- CNPLaw advised clients in the tender of projects for implementation of electronic tax filing system in Malaysia
CNPupdates – publications written by our Technology and E-Commerce Lawyers
- S$6 Million Grant Scheme Available to Singapore FinTech Firms
- Combating fake news: anti-doxxing measures and other amendments to the Protection from Harassment Act
- Protection from Online Falsehoods and Manipulation Act – An Overview
- Estate planning for digital assets (Part 2) social media content
- New laws to stiffen defences against cyber threats and broad based revisions of regulatory infrastructure for the digital and communications economy planned
- Presentation on IP Issues in Game Development
- MAS Paves the Way for FinTech Innovation with SGD 225 Million Scheme
- Estate Planning for Digital Assets
- Presentation on Contracting in Cyberspace
The Technology and E-Commerce Team
Stephen heads the firm’s technology, media and entertainment team and co-heads the corporate finance team. He has more than two decades of experience, acquired both in-house and in private practice. For 2020, Stephen is rated as a “Notable Practitioner” by IFLR1000 and is “Recommended” by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific. Find out more about Stephen and the Technology and E-Commerce deals he was involved in, one in particular – CNPLaw advised Singapore entrepreneur group on online debt-based crowd funding platform under MAS CMS licence.
Pei-Ling has over 23 years of legal experience and has advised clients with Malaysian and Singaporean interests on their cross-border transactions, joint ventures, investments, commercial and technology agreements. Find out more about Pei-Ling and the Technology and E-Commerce deals she was involved in, one in particular – CNPLaw advised Easy Touch Pte Ltd on series-A funding from venture capitalists.