CNPLaw’s Real Estate practice has the expertise, experience and resources to handle work spreading across the residential, commercial and industrial asset classes, and to advise on all aspects of property transactions in Singapore. Our major clients include multinational corporations (MNCs), small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), property developers, construction companies, property funds, property-holding entities, asset managers, family offices, non-profit organisations, real estate investment trusts (REITs), as well as government agencies.
Our corporate real estate work includes:
- acquisitions, disposals, and sale and lease back transactions for commercial and industrial property and developments, including commercial and industrial buildings, and residential developments;
- indirect property investment transactions, such as the sale and purchase of property-holding companies, joint venture investments and the restructuring of real estate assets;
- advising on commercial and industrial property-related regulatory matters;
- representing major landlords and building owners as well as prospective tenants in commercial and industrial leasing transactions, including negotiation of the terms and conditions;
- representing licensors and licensees in commercial and industrial licensing transactions, including negotiation of the terms and conditions;
- representing banks and financial institutions as well as borrowers in commercial and industrial property financing transactions, including mortgage-backed land loans, construction and development loans, and project financing;
- assisting our clients in their outbound real estate investments, working closely with a strong network of regional and international law firms to navigate our clients through complex deals and manage their risks in the pursuit of their commercial objectives
A unique and distinguishing feature of our Real Estate practice is our Client Care. Our Client Care officers are non-legal personnel who assist our clients on extra-legal matters, and who attend to feedback and queries from our clients. These officers possess extensive knowledge of and experience in the real estate industry, and are able to provide practical guidance and help to our clients in every case.
Rankings Received From Professional and Commercial Publications in 2020
CNPLaw acted for Innovare Management Singapore Pte Ltd., Nxtmove Pte. Ltd., and UOB in the sale and purchase, loan redemption and leaseback of two units of commercial property worth SGD 1.4 Million
CNPLaw acted for Innovare Management Singapore Pte Ltd (the vendor) and UOB in the redemption of two commercial loans secured over the two properties. Concurrently, we also acted for the vendor and Nxtmove Pte. Ltd. (the purchaser) to sell and purchase the same properties as a friendly parties transaction following from an M&A transaction involving the sale of shares of the vendor to an investor.
Click on the bullet points to find out more
- CNPLaw LLP advised a Singapore private real estate fund on its joint venture
- CNPLaw acted for Dynapack Asia Pte. Ltd. in the lease and retrofitting of an industrial building from the landlord, Mapletree
- CNPLaw acted as lead counsel for the successful launch of Fraxtor Capital SPC
- CNPLaw advised sole proprietor of DeskRight on the sale of group entities to Lyreco Group
- CNPLaw acts as counsel for the launch of Asia Holdings Land and Sea Pte. Ltd.
- CNPLaw advise and act for the land concession owner and main developer of a Specific Economic Zone in Laos
- CNPLaw acted for JustCo Global and Just Office
- CNPLaw advised Edmund Tie & Company on joint venture with OrangeTee to form third largest real estate agency in Singapore
- CNPLaw advised on the acquisition of a series of four industrial buildings
- CNPLaw advised on sale and leaseback of real property asset and the acquisition of shares
- CNPLaw advised a European purchaser in its acquisition of a Singapore industrial target company
- CNPLaw advised in the negotiations for the acquisition of China Square Central
The Corporate Real Estate Team
Wai Mun heads the firm’s real estate team and is also a member of the family practice team. He has more than 10 years of experience in litigation and commercial work. Find out more about Wai Mun and the Corporate Real Estate deals he was involved in, one in particular – advised on sale and leaseback of real property asset and the acquisition of shares.
Cinda is a pioneer of sorts, having experienced and worked through many “firsts” in Singapore’s real estate history and scene. One of these was the start of the collective sales trend of private estates. Another “first” was the birth of executive condominiums in Singapore.