CNPLaw’s Real Estate practice has the expertise, experience and resources to handle work spreading across the residential, commercial and industrial asset classes, and to advise on all aspects of property transactions in Singapore. Our major clients include multinational corporations (MNCs), small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), property developers, construction companies, property funds, property-holding entities, asset managers, family offices, non-profit organisations, real estate investment trusts (REITs), as well as government agencies.
Our corporate real estate work includes:
- acquisitions, disposals, and sale and lease back transactions for commercial and industrial property and developments, including commercial and industrial buildings, and residential developments;
- indirect property investment transactions, such as the sale and purchase of property-holding companies, joint venture investments and the restructuring of real estate assets;
- advising on commercial and industrial property-related regulatory matters;
- representing major landlords and building owners as well as prospective tenants in commercial and industrial leasing transactions, including negotiation of the terms and conditions;
- representing licensors and licensees in commercial and industrial licensing transactions, including negotiation of the terms and conditions;
- representing banks and financial institutions as well as borrowers in commercial and industrial property financing transactions, including mortgage-backed land loans, construction and development loans, and project financing;
- assisting our clients in their outbound real estate investments, working closely with a strong network of regional and international law firms to navigate our clients through complex deals and manage their risks in the pursuit of their commercial objectives
A unique and distinguishing feature of our Real Estate practice is our Client Care. Our Client Care officers are non-legal personnel who assist our clients on extra-legal matters, and who attend to feedback and queries from our clients. These officers possess extensive knowledge of and experience in the real estate industry, and are able to provide practical guidance and help to our clients in every case.
Rankings Received From Professional and Commercial Publications in 2020
CNPLaw acted in the development, construction, and financing of the whole project including structuring all related joint ventures and working collaborations with overseas investors and partners.
The Corporate Real Estate Team
Wai Mun heads the firm’s real estate team and is also a member of the family practice team. He has more than 10 years of experience in litigation and commercial work. Find out more about Wai Mun and the Corporate Real Estate deals he was involved in, one in particular – advised on sale and leaseback of real property asset and the acquisition of shares.
Cinda is a pioneer of sorts, having experienced and worked through many “firsts” in Singapore’s real estate history and scene. One of these was the start of the collective sales trend of private estates. Another “first” was the birth of executive condominiums in Singapore.