Each M&A deal entails the confluence of multiple legal disciplines. That is why we take great care when assembling a team for each deal, ensuring that there is an optimal mix of specialisation in the clients’ identified areas of concern, such as tax, employment and intellectual property, and necessary industry-specific experience.
We provide support to our clients at every stage of the deal. We will be there at the beginning of the process, helping to facilitate the negotiations between the parties and advising on the structure of the transaction. Once the parties have reached a consensus, we meticulously prepare the necessary documentation. Recognising that M&A deals are often the first page of a new chapter for the parties involved, we also provide post-transaction support to ensure a smooth transition such as the preparation of shareholder agreements, employment agreements, and other relevant commercial documentation.
Rankings Received From Professional and Commercial Publications In 2020
CNPLaw LLP advised Axington Inc. (“Company”) in relation to a mandatory unconditional cash offer (“Offer”) made by DBS Bank Ltd. for and on behalf of DORR Global Healthcare International Pte. Ltd. (“Offeror”) for all the issued and paid-up ordinary shares in the capital of the Company (“Shares”) other than those already owned, controlled or agreed to be acquired by the Offeror and parties acting in concert with the Offeror, at a consideration of S$0.208 per Share.
Click on the bullet points to find out more
- CNPLaw advised global exhibition organiser on acquisition of annual Indonesian automobile show
- CNPLaw advised Symphony International Holdings Limited on its investment into Smarten Spaces Pte. Ltd.
- CNPLaw advised Malaysian listed company Kumpulan Perangsang Selangor Berhad in its acquisition of Toyoplas Manufacturing (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Perangsang Dinamik Sdn. Bhd.
- CNPLaw advises Symphony International Holdings Limited on its acquisition of equity stake in Indo Trans Logistics Corporation
- CNPLaw advised sole proprietor of DeskRight on the sale of group entities to Lyreco Group
- CNPLaw advised Malaysian listed company AYS Ventures Berhad in its acquisition of Steelaris Pte Ltd through its wholly-owned subsidiary, AYS Capital Sdn Bhd
- CNPLaw advised a global event organizer on acquisition of event in Indonesia
- CNPLaw advised Distributed Ledger Technologies Pte. Ltd. on its acquisition of Dowser Group Pte. Ltd. and Dowser Group India
- CNPLaw acts as counsel on sale of the Collective Works co-working business to The Work Project Kingdom
- CNPLaw advised Integra Holdings Pte. Ltd. on sale of Granite Capital SA to Zibo Qixiang Tengda Chemical Co., Ltd
- CNPLaw advised Silverlake Axis Ltd on acquisition of Silverlake Digital Economy Sdn Bhd, Silverlake Digitale Sdn Bhd and Silverlake One Paradigm Sdn Bhd
- CNPLaw advises on sale of Singapore manufacturing company for a consideration exceeding S$50 million
- CNPLaw advised a manufacturing and engineering company on proposed disposal of company’s equity interest
- CNPLaw advised Silverlake Axis Ltd on acquisition of three Silverlake private entities
- CNPLaw acted as counsel for Paynear Technologies Private Limited’s acquisition of the GoSwiff business
- CNPLaw advised a European purchaser in its acquisition of a Singapore industrial target company
- CNPLaw acted for Globe International Events Consultancy Pte. Ltd. in relation to the sale of its interest in the “RetailEX ASEAN” event to Clarion Events Pte. Ltd.
- CNPLaw acted for the sellers in the sale of the Astra Women’s Specialists group of clinics to Singapore Medical Group Limited for a sum of S$60 million
- CNPLaw acted for the management of Edmund Tie & Co
- CNPLaw acted for the selling shareholders of a target company in the sale of equity interests to a European buyer with a global presence
- CNPLaw advised a private equity investor on its acquisition of childcare service providers
- CNPLaw advised Nikkei Inc on Singapore’s laws, regulations and media sector rules
- CNPLaw acts as Singapore counsel to the Link Healthcare Group on its acquisition by Clinigen Plc.
- CNPLaw advised Silverlake Axis Ltd in its acquisition of SunGard Ambit Singapore Pte Ltd
- CNPLaw acts for TA Activity Pte. Ltd. on sale of equity and debt investments in Luxola Pte. Ltd. to Sephora
- CNPLaw acted for Aztech Group Ltd. in the acquisition of Glenn Marine Logistics Base Pte. Ltd. (now known as AZ Marine Offshore Services Pte. Ltd.)
- CNPLaw acted for Aztech Group Ltd. in the acquisition of Kay Lee Roast Meat Joint and the property known as 125 Upper Paya Lebar Road Singapore 534838
- CNPLaw advised the target company listed on SGX-ST on a proposed takeover by way of a scheme of arrangement
- CNPLaw acted for a group of private high net worth investors in their subscription for new shares (worth over US$10 million) in an oil and gas company
- CNPLaw LLP advised container terminal operator Portek International Limited on takeover offers valued at over S$200m
- CNPLaw advised China Auto Corporation Ltd on the company’s acquisition in Neftech Pte Ltd
- CNPLaw advised Scintronix Corporation Ltd in its acquisition of share capital in Engseng Plastic Industries Sdn Bhd
- CNPLaw advised Silverlake Axis Ltd on S$340 million acquisition
- CNPLaw advised a Malaysian listed company on its acquisition of a business process outsourcing company in Asia
- CNPLaw advised Malaysia Mining Corporation Berhad on its initial acquisition of equity interest in the Port of Tanjung Pelepas in Johor
CNPupdates – publications written by our Mergers and Acquisition (M&A) Lawyers
- Indonesian Investment Updates – A quick introduction to Indonesian Labour Law
- The difference between a warranty, an indemnity and a condition
- Impact of COVID-19 on M&A Transactions
- PDPA application to M&A transactions
- Back to the future on stamp duty on share purchase agreements? And the contingency principle
- Guide to Takeovers and Mergers in Singapore 2017
- Stamp Duty on share purchase agreements – the practical impact of recent changes in the law
- A further observation on the constitution for a private company limited by shares
- Some observations on the new model constitution for a private company limited by shares
- Mineral, Oil and Gas – Legal Due Diligence Issues in an Acquisition or Listing
- Proposed revision to the Takeover code
- MOF public consultation regarding the new Draft Companies (Amendment) Bill 2013
- Companies Act reforms
The Mergers and Acquisitions Team
As a managing partner, Lisa sees a need to ensure that our clients see us as their business partner and not a just legal service provider. Our aim is to provide innovative legal solutions for our clients across Asia with a high level of service and support that will help our clients better manage and succeed in their own businesses.
Pradeep acts for corporations, whether they are private or listed companies, on all aspects of their business including advice and drafting of documentation on investments, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions and restructurings. Fro 2020, Pradeep was rated as a “Highly Regarded” lawyer by IFLR1000 and has been “Recommended” by the Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
Ken heads the Corporate advisory team in the firm and has an international focus in his corporate and M&A work and worked in business development positions with various subsidiaries of the Hang Lung Group in Shanghai and with Informa plc in Singapore. He is recognised as a “Notable Practitioner” by IFLR1000 for 2019 and 2020, and is “Recommended” for the Corporate and M&A practice by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
Amit’s practice focuses on corporate law, investment funds, mergers and acquisitions and regulatory and compliance matters. He has over 15 years’ experience in these areas of law. Amit’s expertise has been recognised in Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2020 as “Recommended Lawyer for Corporate and M&A as well as Investment Funds”. In December 2016, Amit was named by Singapore Business Review as one of the 70 most influential lawyers in Singapore under the age of 40.
Bill is an English lawyer who is also registered to practise Singapore law in the areas of corporate law, banking and finance and securities laws. He enjoys working in the diverse and dynamic Asian market and helping his clients to achieve their goals. For 2020, Bill is rated as a “Highly Regarded” by IFLR1000, ranked as a “Distinguished Practioner” by Asialaw Leading Lawyers, and is “Recommended” for the Corporate and M&A practice by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
Jimmy’s main areas of practice for non-contentious work are Indonesia related corporate and commercial matters – such as investment into Indonesia, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, and franchising & licensing. In addition, he also focuses on Singapore and Hong Kong IPO-related legal due diligence. Find out more about Jimmy and the CNPupdate articles that he has contributed which showcase his expertise in this field of practice, one in particular – Establishing a presence in Indonesia – what you need to know.
Kenn’s practice covers a wide range of corporate and commercial transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, foreign investments and private equity transactions. Kenn was recognised as Singapore’s Most Influential Lawyers age 40 and under by Singapore Business Review in 2018.
Li Fei is “Recommended” by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020 for Financial Services Regulator. In addition to Li Fei’s experience in acting for banks on varied transactions and in general corporate law, he also helps individuals in estate planning, including the legal aspects of wealth management, advising on and setting up trusts and off-shore structures to secure their future and the future of their families.
Ravi has 32 years of legal experience. He specialises in corporate advisory and provides legal advice to directors and CEOs on laws and rules relating to directors’ duties and corporate governance. He has a wealth of experience in advising local and regional companies on investment agreements, joint ventures, and corporate structures.
Min-Li’s principal areas of expertise are in corporate and financial services. For 2018 and 2019, she was recognised as Singapore’s Top 100 private practice lawyers by Asia Business Law Journal. For 2020, She is rated as “Highly Regarded”, ranked as a “Distinguished Practitioner” and “Recommended” for Capital Markets by IFLR1000, Asialaw Leading Lawyers and The Legal 500 Asia Pacific respectively. Min-Li is also recognised by The Best Lawyers 2020 for Corporate law and M&A law.
Hazel main areas of practice include cross-border M&A, joint ventures, private equity and general corporate advisory. Hazel has advised various companies ranging from tech start-ups to blue-chip MNCs. She is recognised as a “Notable Practitioner” by IFLR1000 for 2019 and 2020.
Xiaomeng’s practice is focused on corporate finance, M&A and general corporate advisory. Before joining CNP, she started practice in a leading corporate law firm in Singapore. She is fluent in the Chinese language and has been involved in cross-border transactions in the PRC (including Hong Kong), Indonesia, Malaysia, Japan and Australia.
Lorraine is experienced in advising clients, comprising start-ups and SMEs to multinational firms, on general corporate legal matters. Lorraine also assists with initial public offering exercises with the Corporate Finance team. Lorraine was also part of Pei-Ling’s team when they advised a large French consortium on its internal amalgamation and restructuring exercise.
Wan Shuen’s main areas of practice include investment funds and mergers and acquisitions. She regularly assists in the formation and operation of private funds in several jurisdictions, including drafting the full range of fund documentation, as well as the provision of related regulatory advice.
Joy’s main areas of practice include investment funds, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate law. She assists in the establishment of hedge funds, private equity funds and drafting of the related documentation and also assists in corporate transactions such as cross border M&A and joint ventures in various industries.
Sylvia is an associate in the Corporate Advisory Practice Group. She graduated from the Singapore Management University in 2016 and was called to the Singapore Bar in 2017. Prior to joining the firm, Sylvia practised in the areas of civil and commercial litigation and has acted for clients from different industries.
Tze Ning is an associate in the Corporate Advisory Practice Group. Her main areas of practice include general corporate advisory, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and joint ventures. Tze Ning holds a Bachelor of Laws from the National University of Singapore. She is also a SIMI-accredited Mediator.
Susannah is a Foreign Associate in the firm’s Corporate Advisory Practice Group. Since being admitted to practice as a solicitor in Victoria, Australia in 2012, Susannah has gained significant experience in broad ranging corporate, commercial and property law matters in both private practice and in-house environments.