We provide legal advisory services to fund managers, investors and investee companies in relation to both open-end funds and closed-end funds that deal with a variety of asset classes and employ different investment strategies including:
Private Equity Funds
Venture Capital (VC) Funds
Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
Rankings Received From Professional and Commercial Publications
Florent Barret – Partner in Hera Capital Partner
“Bill Jamieson helps Hera Capital Partners with our fund formation in Singapore and some downstream investment and day to day issues that crop up in our asset management business. We can recommend him and CNPLaw to our business contacts who need support with Singapore law issues.”
- Gordian Capital Singapore Private Limited
- R.E. Lee International Capital Pte. Ltd.
- Dios Asset Management Pte. Ltd.
- Lighthouse Canton Pte. Ltd.
- Ginkgo Tree Asset Management Pte. Ltd.
For the following matters, please click on the bullet points to find out more
- CNPLaw LLP acted as lead counsel for the successful launch of Maiora Renewables Fund II
- CNPLaw LLP advised Smith Tan Asia Phoenix Fund on Fund Terms
- CNPLaw LLP acted as lead counsel for the successful launch of Dios AM Hessian Matrix Global Fund SP
- CNPLaw LLP acted as lead counsel for the successful launch of RV Capital Opportunities VCC
- CNPLaw LLP acted as lead counsel for the successful launch of Annexe Fund VCC
- CNPLaw LLP advised a Singapore online e-commerce platform operator on its series B fundraising
- CNPLaw LLP advised a Singapore private real estate fund on its joint venture
- CNPLaw acted as lead counsel for the successful launch of Fraxtor Capital SPC
- CNPLaw acted as lead counsel for the successful launch of Tribay Capital Private Equity Asia LP
- CNPLaw acted as Singapore counsel for the launch of Ginkgo Tree Global Select Fund
- CNPLaw acted as Singapore counsel for the launch of R.E. Lee International Capital SPC
- CNPLaw acted as counsel for Hera Capital Holdings IV Pte. Ltd., investor in a series E-plus pre-IPO investment round by Go-Jek
- CNPLaw acted as counsel for the launch of the Edelweiss India Opportunities Fund and Edelweiss Dynamic India Fund
- CNPLaw acted as counsel for the launch of Asia Holdings Land and Sea Pte. Ltd.
- CNPLaw acted as counsel for the launch of the LC Cerestra Core Opportunities Fund Series 2 Pte. Ltd.
- CNPLaw acted as counsel for the successful closing of Wavemaker Pacific 1 Pte. Ltd.
- CNPLaw acted as counsel for the launch of the Wavemaker Pacific Fund
- CNPLaw advised Easy Touch Pte Ltd on series-A funding from venture capitalists
- CNPLaw acted as counsel for SQR Global Healthcare Services Fund
- CNPLaw acts for Lighthouse Canton Pte. Ltd. for the launch of LC Cerestra Core Opportunities Fund
- CNPLaw advised a leading hedge fund manager on a proposed debt restructuring of a large cross-border business by means of a Singapore scheme of arrangement
- CNPLaw advised GuardTime on restructuring its group under a Singapore holding company and raising equity of US$8 million to help fund its global infrastructure
CNPupdates – publications written by our Investment Funds Lawyers
- Singapore shifts to a Singapore Overnight Rate Average-centred SGD Interest Rate Market
- MAS Consultation Paper on a New Omnibus Act for the Financial Sector
- Public consultation on proposed amendments to the Companies Act
- Lodgement of the Register of Registrable Controllers with ACRA
- Presentation on Singapore Variable Capital Company
- Sustainable and Green Finance Opportunities in Singapore
- Segregation of assets and liabilities under the Variable Capital Company framework
- VCC goes live
- MAS consults on requirements for the proposed AML/CFT framework for VCCs
- Basics of a Variable Capital Company
- Variable Capital Company 101
- CNPLaw Funds Team contributed to the Singapore chapter in ICLG’s Alternative Investment Funds Guide 2019
- Budget 2019 – Summary of Key Tax Changes for Qualifying Funds
- MAS Issues Response to Feedback Received on the Proposed Framework for Variable Capital Companies
- Variable Capital Company – Key Features and Highlights
- CNPLaw’s Partner Amit Dhume featured in Singapore Business Review on views on passage of new Variable Capital Companies (VCC) Bill in Singapore
- Updates to MAS’ Guidelines on Licensing, Registration and Conduct of Business for Fund Management Companies
- Variable Capital Companies Bill moved for First Reading in Parliament on 10 September 2018
- CNPLaw Partner, Bill Jamieson featured in article on “MAS fine-tunes liquidity risk management, best execution rules for fund managers”
- Amendments to the Regulatory Regime for Venture Capital Managers
- Changes to the Accredited Investor Class and the Introduction of an Opt-in Regime
- MAS introduces simplified licensing regime for venture capital fund managers
- Variable Capital Company
- Proposed Amendments to the Regulatory Regime for Venture Capital Managers
- Is start up “acceleration” a regulated business?
- BEPS Action Plan 2 – A new era for tax treatment of hybrid instruments
- MAS Guidelines on Outsourcing: 11 significant changes you need to know and what to include in your outsourcing agreement
- Common Reporting Standards and its impact on fund managers
- CNPLaw contributed to the Singapore chapter from the third edition of Investment Funds
- Family Offices
- Changes to the enhanced regulatory framework for corporate service providers under the ACRA (Amendment) Act 2014, ACRA (Filing Agents and Qualified Individuals) Regulations 2015, and ACRA (Authorised Users of Electronic Transaction System) Regulations 2015
- Licensing Requirements for setting up a Fund Management Company (A/I FMC or RFMC category)
- Should You Consider Listing Your Fund? The Hedge Fund Opportunity & Challenge
- Proposed regulations to help Financial Institutions comply with US FATCA
- MAS Regulations for Investments
- MAS June 2014 Information Paper
- Asia Region Funds Passport
- FATCA Implementation in Singapore and implications for Singapore fund managers
- Changes to the Notice on Minimum Entry and Examination Requirements for Representatives of Licensed Financial Advisers and Exempt Financial Advisers
- Changes to the Regulatory Regime for Closed-End Funds
- MAS reviews regulation of derivatives market in Singapore
The Funds Team
Amit’s practice focuses on corporate law, investment funds, mergers and acquisitions and regulatory and compliance matters. He has over 15 years’ experience in these areas of law. Amit’s expertise has been recognised in Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2020 as “Recommended Lawyer for Corporate and M&A as well as Investment Funds”. In December 2016, Amit was named by Singapore Business Review as one of the 70 most influential lawyers in Singapore under the age of 40.
Abel is in the Funds team. His main areas of practice are in investment funds, mergers and acquisitions, and regulatory and compliance matters. At CNPLaw, Abel is involved in numerous funds-related transactions. The most recent transaction that Abel was involved in – CNPLaw acted as a lead counsel for the successful launch of Fraxtor Capital SPC (“Fund”), a Cayman Islands domiciled segregated portfolio company with an investment focus in real estate investment opportunities
Wan Shuen is in the Funds team and her main areas of practice include investment funds and mergers and acquisitions. She regularly assists in the formation and operation of private funds in several jurisdictions, including drafting the full range of fund documentation, as well as the provision of related regulatory advice. Find out more about Wan Shuen and the CNPupdate articles that she has contributed which showcase her expertise in this field of practice. In the most recent article which she has authored, she discussed about the segregation of assets and liabilities under the Variable Capital Company framework.
Joy is an associate in the Funds and Financial Services team. Her main areas of practice include investment funds, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate law. She assists in the establishment of hedge funds, private equity funds and drafting of the related documentation and also assists in corporate transactions such as cross border M&A and joint ventures in various industries. The most recent transaction that Joy was involved in – CNPLaw acted as a lead counsel for the successful launch of Fraxtor Capital SPC (“Fund”), a Cayman Islands domiciled segregated portfolio company with an investment focus in real estate investment opportunities