Global trade continually exposes the local market to new products and services whilst providing local businesses the opportunity to venture out to international markets. In coping with international and local competition, we can help our clients establish a strong brand image which provides their business with a powerful means of promoting and marketing their products and services. We can also help our clients safeguard their new inventions, which are inevitably vulnerable to exploitation by others when utilized or marketed.
Our services include processing applications to register trademarks, designs and patents in Singapore as well as worldwide, through our extensive network of foreign associate firms.
At CNPLaw, we offer integrated IP services to domestic and foreign clients from a variety of business sectors. Additionally, CNPLaw handles litigation of complex IP matters and, in our unwavering commitment to ensure enforcement of our clients’ rights, our team advises on the following areas:
IP Portfolio Management
Enforcement of IP rights
We have also assisted many clients from our corporate practice groups in applying for the registration of their company mark upon listing, and by rendering advice on issues pertaining to IP faced by newly incorporated companies, such as trade mark infringement arising from commercial use of their company marks, amongst others.
As IP are invaluable assets, we can advise you on how to commercially exploit your IP, for example through IP licensing, franchising, merchandising and sponsorship and brand management strategies.
Rankings Received From Professional and Commercial Publications
Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021 : Key contact Soo Ling See Tow is ranked for Dispute Resolution and her practice spans claims involving IP law
Read more >>
A review provided by the Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2021
“With a strong focus on construction disputes, CNPLaw LLP is instructed by developers and main contractors on engineering disputes. Key contact Soo Ling See Tow's varied practice also spans commercial disputes, property litigation, and claims involving IP and family law and probate.”
A review provided by the World Trademark Review 1000, 2021
“CNPLaw is a full-service law firm with a strong presence on the trademark scene. Soo Ling See Tow leads the IP practice and serves as deputy head of the dispute resolution team. With over a decade of experience, she has a stellar track record of expert portfolio management for domestic and international clients.”
Click on the bullet points to find out more
- CNPLaw manage the trademark of a popular travel agency and registered their trademarks in various countries
- CNPLaw acted for a local travel company in opposition proceedings
- CNPLaw advised a multinational media and digital marketing communications company on the commercial use of the clients’ proposed trademark
- CNPLaw advised a Cayman-incorporated company on their proposed trademark
CNPupdates – publications written by our Intellectual Property Lawyers
- Enforcement of trademark rights – infringement of registered trademarks and opposition proceedings
- The Madrid Protocol – How brand owners can protect their trademarks internationally
- Similarity of trade marks – Decision by the Singapore High Court in Rovio Entertainment Ltd v Kimanis Food Industries Sdn Bhd
- Practical guidance on using an intellectual property holding company
- Transfer of intellectual property — some quick tips
- In Re Trade Mark Application by Tsujimoto Kenzo and Opposition thereto by Kenzo
- Case Update – Hai Tong Co (Pte) Ltd v Ventree Singapore Pte Ltd and another  SGCA 26