Global trade continually exposes the local market to new products and services whilst providing local businesses the opportunity to venture out to international markets. In coping with international and local competition, we can help our clients establish a strong brand image which provides their business with a powerful means of promoting and marketing their products and services. We can also help our clients safeguard their new inventions, which are inevitably vulnerable to exploitation by others when utilized or marketed.
Our services include processing applications to register trademarks, designs and patents in Singapore as well as worldwide, through our extensive network of foreign associate firms.
At CNPLaw, we offer integrated IP services to domestic and foreign clients from a variety of business sectors. Additionally, CNPLaw handles litigation of complex IP matters and, in our unwavering commitment to ensure enforcement of our clients’ rights, our team advises on the following areas:
IP Portfolio Management
Enforcement of IP rights
We have also assisted many clients from our corporate practice groups in applying for the registration of their company mark upon listing, and by rendering advice on issues pertaining to IP faced by newly incorporated companies, such as trade mark infringement arising from commercial use of their company marks, amongst others.
As IP are invaluable assets, we can advise you on how to commercially exploit your IP, for example through IP licensing, franchising, merchandising and sponsorship and brand management strategies.
Rankings Received From Professional and Commercial Publications
CNPLaw manage the trademark of a popular travel agency and registered their trademarks in various countries
CNPLaw took over the management of the trademark portfolio of a popular travel agency and assisted the clients in prosecuting applications to register their trademarks in various countries worldwide.
Click on the bullet points to find out more
- CNPLaw acted for a local travel company in opposition proceedings
- CNPLaw advised a multinational media and digital marketing communications company on the commercial use of the clients’ proposed trademark
- CNPLaw advised a Cayman-incorporated company on their proposed trademark
CNPupdates – publications written by our Intellectual Property Lawyers
- Enforcement of trademark rights – infringement of registered trademarks and opposition proceedings
- The Madrid Protocol – How brand owners can protect their trademarks internationally
- Similarity of trade marks – Decision by the Singapore High Court in Rovio Entertainment Ltd v Kimanis Food Industries Sdn Bhd
- Presentation on IP Issues in Game Development
- Practical guidance on using an intellectual property holding company
- Transfer of intellectual property — some quick tips
- In Re Trade Mark Application by Tsujimoto Kenzo and Opposition thereto by Kenzo
- Case Update – Hai Tong Co (Pte) Ltd v Ventree Singapore Pte Ltd and another  SGCA 26