Employment contracts and related documentation, such as employee handbooks, reflect the dynamics between employers and employees, and they have an important role in setting the right tone for the working relationship.
We provide legal advisory services to our clients and work with them in the preparation and review of employment contracts and related documentation to ensure that they are in line with their expectations. In doing so, we play a role in shaping human-resource policies that strike a balance between the commercial objectives of employers, and the individual rights and interests of their employees.
Having an appreciation of how improved productivity is a natural corollary of a happy workforce, we also advise clients on various employee and workplace initiatives. One of the popular forms of employee incentives are share-option schemes, and our employment and tax law practice collaborates to effectively advise clients on the implementation and tax treatment of such schemes.
Rankings Received From Professional and Commercial Publications
A client's feedback about Bill Jamieson, provided by Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021
"He is thorough, dedicated, inventive and responsive. We feel that he cares for client relationships, and goes out of his way to find solutions."
Corporate Counsel of Givex Corporation, Esther Barrow's feedback about Kenn Lim
“Our company was looking to open a subsidiary in Singapore and we were therefore in need of a local lawyer with a range of expertise in Singapore law. We found that in Kenn, who expertly guided us through the intricacies of setting up our business, handled the submission of the regulatory filings, and even advised us on employment-related matters as we set-up a team in Singapore. We were impressed by Kenn’s quick responsiveness to our inquiries, the high quality of his legal services, and the range of his knowledge. He was also able to recommend banking and accounting contacts to us as we round out the administrative aspects of establishing our company. We highly recommend Kenn’s services to any foreign or local entrepreneur or company looking to establish a business in Singapore.”
A review provided by the Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2021
“At CNPLaw LLP, Pradeep Kumar Singh assists local and international businesses across the whole spectrum of employment law issues from the onset of the employment relationship to its termination as well as immigration issues. Bill Jamieson is the other key partner, handling primarily corporate restructuring and employment aspects of cross-border transactions.”
Click on the bullet points to find out more
- CNPLaw LLP provided employment law advice to a Japanese listed multinational corporation in the electrical, air-conditioning and intelligent building system facilities industry
- CNPLaw LLP advised MSIG Holdings (Asia) Pte Ltd on the amendments made to the Employment Act in Singapore as well as other matters.
CNPupdates – publications written by our Employment Lawyers
- Changes to work arrangements for Dependant’s Pass holders
- Indonesian Investment Updates – Omnibus Law and Changes to the Labour Law
- Employment Law Guide 2020
- Updated requirements for safe management measures at the workplace
- Indonesian Investment Updates – A quick introduction to Indonesian Labour Law
- Resumption of business at the workplace after circuit breaker period
- Circuit Breaker measures for employees
- Lawyer from CNPLaw authors the Singapore chapter of the Industrial Relations Law Across the World (2nd Edition) publication
- The test on when an independent contractor is legally an employee (Case update)
- Employment Tripartite Guidelines
- Upcoming Amendments to The Employment Act
- Employment Act Review: Update
- Employment Act Review
- Lawyers at CNPLaw author the Singapore chapter of the Industrial Relations Law publication
- CNPLaw Employment Law Guide
- Enhanced Government-Paid Employee Parental Leave Entitlements effective 2017
- Lawyers at CNPLaw author the Singapore chapter of Social Media and Employment Law: An International Survey
- Enhanced Support for Singaporean PMES
- Amendment to the Industrial Relations Act and related amendments to the Retirement and Re-employment Act and the Trade Unions Act
- Changes to Employment Law in Singapore
- The Fair Consideration Framework
- Employment Law Amendments