Our dispute resolution lawyers have worked on matters of various sizes and across industries. Our vast experience enabled us to provide strategic advice on all aspects of insolvency. We have also worked under third party funding arrangements where applicable.
Rankings Received From Professional and Commercial Publications In 2020
CNPLaw represented the Plaintiff before the High Court – Case Update: Interocean Holdings Group (BVI) Ltd v Zi-Techasia (Singapore) Pte Ltd (in liquidation)  SGHC 09
In the decision of Interocean Holdings Group (BVI) Ltd v Zi-Techasia (Singapore) Pte Ltd (in liquidation)  SGHC 09, the High Court of Singapore (the “High Court“) filled a lacuna in the law relating to the effect of a cessation of a members’ voluntary winding up.
Click on the bullet points to find out more
CNPupdates – publications written by our Insolvency Lawyers
- Corporate Insolvency, Restructuring, and Recovery in the COVID-19 world – Part 2
- Wrongful trading under the Insolvency, Restructuring and Dissolution Act 2018
- Corporate Insolvency, Restructuring, and Recovery in the COVID-19 world – Part 1
- How to use the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act to protect you and your business from an economic downturn
- A quick reference guide for companies in financial distress
- Enhancing the existing insolvency legal framework – Ipso facto clauses
- CNPLaw’s partner, Mr Subramanian Pillai featured in article on “MAS seeks further boost to enforcement power with amendments to Securities and Futures Act”
- Facilitating cross-border insolvency proceedings in Singapore
- Retention of title clauses – Decision by the English Court of Appeal in PST Energy 7 Shipping LLC v OW Bunker Malta Ltd
- Corporate Insolvency – Proposed Insolvency Act
- The Limits of Ring-fencing in Cross-border Insolvency
The Insolvency Team
Subra’s practice has been primarily in the field of commercial litigation and arbitration. He heads the firm’s International Arbitration and Construction, Engineering and Infrastructure teams. Subra is ” Recommended” by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific for the Dispute Resolution practice. Find out more about Subra and the CNPupdate articles that he has contributed which showcase his expertise in this field of practice, one in particular – A quick reference guide for companies in financial distress.
Soo Ling’s main areas of practice are intellectual property and dispute resolution. She has experience in a diverse range of matters such as building construction, company law, commercial law, disciplinary proceedings, employment law, family law, intellectual property, property law, probate & administration and shareholder disputes. Soo Ling is “Recommended” by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific for the Dispute Resolution practice. Soo Ling previously represented the Plaintiff before the High Court – Interocean Holdings Group (BVI) Ltd v Zi-Techasia (Singapore) Pte Ltd (in liquidation)  SGHC 09.
Daphne is an associate in the firm’s Dispute Resolution team. Her main area of focus is in contentious work, and her past experience in this area encompasses civil, corporate, and commercial disputes across the construction, investment, telecommunication, food and beverage, real estate, and entertainment sectors. Find out more about Daphne and the CNPupdate articles that she has contributed which showcase her expertise in this field of practice, one in particular – A quick reference guide for companies in financial distress.