Our general litigation practice is primarily business-oriented and involves most types of civil litigation. Our dispute resolution lawyers assist corporate and private clients in their claims and disputes arising from areas such as company law, defamation, and intellectual property on top of others mentioned.
Rankings Received From Professional and Commercial Publications
CNPLaw acted on the case: Sit Kwong Lam v Management Corporation Strata Title Plan No 2645  SGCA 14  1 SLR 790;  SGHC 57
CNPLaw represented the respondent before the Strata Titles Board, the High Court and the Court of Appeal in a landmark decision where the Court of Appeal dealt with the definition of common property under the Building Maintenance and Strata Management Act.
Click on the bullet points to find out more
- CNPLaw acts for venture capitalist in his claim for above US$5 million
- CNPLaw acted for the Singapore Dental Council in Disciplinary Proceedings against its members
- CNPLaw acted for Ong Bee Dee (executor of the estate of Ong Tuan Seng, deceased): a case update
- CNPLaw acted for a foreign company in setting aside arbitration award relating to a breach of sale of goods agreement
- CNPLaw acted for a shareholder in a family company dispute
- CNPLaw acted in a highly-contested divorce
- CNPLaw represented a party in defence of a claim by counterparty for payments under a sale and purchase agreement
- CNPLaw acted for fund management company dispute against warrantors
- CNPLaw successfully acted for defendant in their defence against claims for breach of fiduciary duties and conspiracy by unlawful means
- CNPLaw acted for a fund management company against their warrantors in a dispute involving the issue of whether certain communications between the parties were protected by “without prejudice” privilege
- CNPLaw represented Wong Swee Hor: Case Update – Wong Swee Hor v Tan Jip Seng and others  SGHC 263
- CNPLaw represented the defendants, a high net worth family in Singapore in a claim by the plaintiff for fraudulent misrepresentation and conspiracy
- CNPLaw acted on the case: Then Khek Koon and another v Arjun Permanand Samtani and another and other suits  SGHC 213  1 SLR 245
- CNPLaw acted on the case: International Research Corp PLC v Lufthansa Systems Asia Pacific Pte Ltd and another  SGCA 55
- CNPLaw acted as counsel on the case: Madhavan Peter v Public Prosecutor and other appeals  SGHC 153  4 SLR 613
- CNPLaw acting on the case: Bahtera Offshore (M) Sdn Bhd v Sim Kok Beng and another  SGHC 171  4 SLR(R) 365
CNPupdates – publications written by our General Litigation Lawyers
- Is your contract affected by COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020?
- CNPLaw’s Dispute Resolution team has contributed to the Singapore chapter in The Dispute Resolution Review for the second year
- Singapore Convention on Mediation – Paving the way forward for mediation to be your first choice for international dispute resolution
- CNPLaw’s Dispute Resolution Team contributed to the Singapore Chapter in The Dispute Resolution Review 11th edition
- An Investment Contract or Unlicensed Moneylending?
- Why you may want to consider mediation
- Singapore ratifies the Hague Convention on Choice of Court Agreements 2005
- Asia’s First: The Singapore International Commercial Court (SICC)
- Mareva Injunction and the Application for Security for Costs
The General Litigation Team
Subra’s practice has been primarily in the field of commercial litigation and arbitration. He heads the firm’s International Arbitration and Construction, Engineering and Infrastructure teams. Subra is “Recommended” by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020 for the Dispute Resolution practice and had previously acted on the case: Sit Kwong Lam v Management Corporation Strata Title Plan No 2645  SGCA 14  1 SLR 790;  SGHC 57.
Ravi has 32 years of legal experience. He specialises in corporate advisory and provides legal advice to directors and CEOs on laws and rules relating to directors’ duties and corporate governance. He has a wealth of experience in advising local and regional companies on investment agreements, joint ventures, and corporate structures.
Venetia is a disputes lawyer with experience handling international arbitration, litigation and advisory work on international and local commercial disputes, in particular, disputes relating to foreign investments and joint ventures, financing, distributorships, and jurisdictional challenges. Venetia was listed as Singapore’s 20 most influential lawyers aged 40 and under in 2018 by the Singapore Business Review and previously acted for a venture capitalist in his claim for above US$5 million.
Edwin’s practice focuses on civil and commercial litigation, disciplinary proceedings, wills and probate, shareholders’ disputes, and employment matters. He has been involved in matters at all levels of the Singapore Courts (including the Court of Appeal), and has acted as lead counsel in matters before the High Court of Singapore and disciplinary tribunals (as prosecuting counsel). Edwin previously acted for a defendant in its defence against claims for breach of fiduciary duties and conspiracy by unlawful means.
Sharleen has experience in a wide spectrum of legal advisory and disputes work, with a focus on civil and corporate commercial litigation. She has advised and represented a number of international companies and high net-worth individuals in complex cross-border disputes. Her experience also includes regulatory and investigatory work and employment law. Sharleen previously acted for a group of companies based in Singapore, the British Virgin Islands and Panama in one of the largest trust disputes in the Singapore Courts concerning the beneficial ownership of assets valued at between US$600 and US$800 million over a 49-day trial.
Huimin is a Senior Associate with the firm’s Dispute Resolution team and Family Law team. She was called to the Singapore bar in 2012. Her main area of practice is general civil and commercial litigation. She has been involved in various civil trials and hearings before the State Courts, the High Court and the Court of Appeal of Singapore.
Joel joined CNPLaw in 2017 and is in the firm’s Dispute Resolution team. He has experience in a diverse range of litigation and estate planning work including the drafting of wills and probate work. Joel previously acted on the case: Sit Kwong Lam v Management Corporation Strata Title Plan No 2645  SGCA 14  1 SLR 790;  SGHC 57.
Jovey is a Senior Associate in the Real Estate Practice Group. His main areas of practice lies in Real Estate and Family Law. Jovey had previously acted and advised clients from both the corporate and retail sector. He has also represented most Banks & Financial Institutions in Singapore and the CPF Board. Apart from Real Estate Practice, Jovey has experience in both General Litigation and Divorce.
Edwyna is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution team. Her practice experience includes litigation and advisory work on international and local commercial disputes, in particular, disputes relating to foreign investments and joint ventures. Edwyna previously acted for fund management company dispute against warrantors.
Ervin is an associate in the Construction, Engineering & Infrastructure Projects team. He advises on matters related to civil and commercial litigation and regularly acts for clients in construction projects and insolvency disputes. Find out more about Ervin and the publications that he has written which showcase his expertise in this field of practice, one in particular, he and the Dispute Resolution team contributed to the Singapore Chapter in The Dispute Resolution Review 11th edition.
Shu-Yi is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution team. Her practice experience includes a diverse range of dispute resolution and advisory work, including cross border and domestic disputes involving corporate and commercial law. Shu-Yi previously acted for a fund management company against their warrantors in a dispute involving the issue of whether certain communications between the parties were protected by “without prejudice” privilege.