Our construction team is familiar with all sectors of the construction and engineering industry, including energy, infrastructure and development. We are able to provide a full range of legal support for construction-related issues. Our dispute resolution lawyers are familiar not only with the applicable regulations and laws, but also the local practices unique to this industry.
Rankings Received From Professional and Commercial Publications In 2020
CNPLaw acted on the case: Sit Kwong Lam v Management Corporation Strata Title Plan No 2645  SGCA 14  1 SLR 790;  SGHC 57
CNPLaw LLP successfully represented the respondent before the Strata Titles Board, the High Court and the Court of Appeal in a landmark decision where the Court of Appeal dealt with the definition of common property under the Building Maintenance and Strata Management Act.
Click on the bullet points to find out more
- CNPLaw acted on the case: Then Khek Koon and another v Arjun Permanand Samtani and another and other suits  SGHC 213  1 SLR 245
CNPupdates – publications written by our Construction Lawyers
- Critical issues in construction: COVID-19, its impact on construction companies, and the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020
- Construction Adjudication – The commencement of the amendments to the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act and Regulations
- Building & Construction Adjudication – 2019 Court of Appeal decision in Far East Square Pte Ltd v Yau Lee Construction (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- An Overview of the Recent Amendments to the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act
- When a Claim for payment is not a Payment Claim
The Construction Team
As an accredited Arbitrator and experienced Arbitration Counsel, Subra has also advised and represented clients in several international arbitrations such as clients from the Middle East, India, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia. Find out more about Subra and the CNPupdate articles that he has contributed which showcase his expertise in this field of practice – The commencement of the amendments to the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act and Regulations.
For contentious matters, Jimmy’s primary focus is on Adjudication (Building and Construction) under the Security of Payment Act, and International Arbitration. He was cited by AsiaLaw Leading Lawyers 2008 as one of the legal experts in the Asia-Pacific region in the areas of Dispute Resolution, and Construction & Property. Find out more about Jimmy and the CNPupdate articles that he has contributed which showcase his expertise in this field of practice, one in particular – 2019 Court of Appeal decision in Far East Square Pte Ltd v Yau Lee Construction (Singapore) Pte Ltd.
Daphne is an associate in the firm’s Dispute Resolution team. Her main area of focus is in contentious work, and her past experience in this area encompasses civil, corporate, and commercial disputes across the construction, investment, telecommunication, food and beverage, real estate, and entertainment sectors. Find out more about Daphne and the CNPupdate articles that she has contributed which showcase her expertise in this field of practice, one in particular – An Overview of the Recent Amendments to the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act.