When faced with complex domestic or international commercial disputes, our dispute resolution lawyers are ready to offer comprehensive legal advice, with the aim of developing winning arbitration strategies and enforcement actions, resolving our clients’ high-value issues.
The Arbitrators and the team have extensive experience in handling a wide range of arbitral matters under the rules of major international arbitration institutions including the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC), the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), the Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for International Arbitration (KLRCA), Hong Kong International Arbitration Center (HKIAC) and other notable arbitral institutions.
Rankings Received From Professional and Commercial Publications In 2020
Jiangsu Overseas Group Co Ltd v Concord Energy Pte Ltd and another matter  4 SLR 1336: Applications to set aside arbitral awards issued by SIAC.
Click on the bullet points to find out more
- CNPLaw acted for a foreign company in setting aside arbitration award relating to a breach of sale of goods agreement
- CNPLaw represented a party in defence of a claim by counterparty for payments under a sale and purchase agreement
- CNPLaw Represented International Research Corp PLC before the Court of Appeal – Case Update: International Research Corp PLC v Lufthansa Systems Asia Pacific Pte Ltd and another  SGCA 55
- CNPLaw acted on the case: International Research Corp PLC v Lufthansa Systems Asia Pacific Pte Ltd and another  SGCA 55
CNPupdates – publications written by our Arbitration Lawyers
- Is your contract affected by COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020?
- CNPLaw’s Dispute Resolution team has contributed to the Singapore chapter in The Dispute Resolution Review for the second year
- Singapore Convention on Mediation – Paving the way forward for mediation to be your first choice for international dispute resolution
- CNPLaw’s Dispute Resolution Team contributed to the Singapore Chapter in The Dispute Resolution Review 11th edition
- Why you may want to consider mediation
- Asia’s First: The Singapore International Commercial Court (SICC)
- The SIAC Arbitration Rules 2010 – Some Salient Features
The Arbitration Team
As an accredited Arbitrator and experienced Arbitration Counsel, Subra has also advised and represented clients in several international arbitrations such as clients from the Middle East, India, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia. A notable case that Subra acted on was International Research Corp PLC v Lufthansa Systems Asia Pacific Pte Ltd and another  SGCA 55. Subra is “Recommended” by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020 for the Dispute Resolution practice.
Soo Ling’s main areas of practice are intellectual property and dispute resolution. She has experience in a diverse range of matters such as building construction, company law, commercial law, disciplinary proceedings, employment law, family law, intellectual property, property law, probate & administration and shareholder disputes. Soo Ling previously represented a party in defence of a claim by counterparty for payments under a sale and purchase agreement. Soo Ling is “Recommended” by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020 for the Dispute Resolution practice.
For contentious matters, Jimmy’s primary focus is on Adjudication (Building and Construction) under the Security of Payment Act, and International Arbitration. He was cited by AsiaLaw Leading Lawyers 2008 as one of the legal experts in the Asia-Pacific region in the areas of Dispute Resolution, and Construction & Property.
Ravi has 32 years of legal experience. He specialises in corporate advisory and provides legal advice to directors and CEOs on laws and rules relating to directors’ duties and corporate governance. He has a wealth of experience in advising local and regional companies on investment agreements, joint ventures, and corporate structures.
Venetia is a disputes lawyer with experience handling international arbitration, litigation and advisory work on international and local commercial disputes, in particular, disputes relating to foreign investments and joint ventures, financing, distributorships, and jurisdictional challenges. Venetia was listed as Singapore’s 20 most influential lawyers aged 40 and under in 2018 by the Singapore Business Review and had previously represented International Research Corp PLC before the Court of Appeal.
Edwin’s practice focuses on civil and commercial litigation, disciplinary proceedings, wills and probate, shareholders’ disputes, and employment matters. He has been involved in matters at all levels of the Singapore Courts (including the Court of Appeal), and has acted as lead counsel in matters before the High Court of Singapore and disciplinary tribunals (as prosecuting counsel). Edwin previously advised on the application to set aside arbitration awards.
Sharleen has experience in a wide spectrum of legal advisory and disputes work, with a focus on civil and corporate commercial litigation. She has advised and represented a number of international companies and high net-worth individuals in complex cross-border disputes. Her experience also includes regulatory and investigatory work and employment law.