With the prevalence of technology and increasing connectivity through the internet, cybersecurity and data protection are areas that have grown more important in Singapore.
Since the introduction of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA), it is mandatory for organisations to comply with data protection rules and we strive to help our clients understand that compliance with the PDPA is no longer an option.
At CNPLaw, we have worked with our clients and helped them navigate through a variety of data protection issues, which include:
- Reviewing existing policies in order to advise on our client’s compliance with the law
- Highlighting possible legal risk areas
We also advise our corporate clients in relation to ad hoc queries on potential breaches of the law and the PDPA, and highlight data protection issues that may arise in the context of employment or HR policies.
Rankings Received From Professional and Commercial Publications
Data Privacy, Collection and Transfer of Employee Data – What employers must know amidst the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
Ever since the World Health Organisation declared the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) a global health emergency, the Singapore government has remained vigilant in setting up multiple lines of defences to contain the virus and to prevent further spread amongst residents. Local organisations are also to be applauded for their efforts to obtain health and travel declarations from employees for the purposes of contact tracing. However, potential data privacy issues in the collection, use or disclosure of employee information may arise.
Click on the bullet points to find out more
- CNPLaw LLP provided employment law advice to a Japanese listed multinational corporation in the electrical, air-conditioning and intelligent building system facilities industry
CNPupdates – publications written by our Data Privacy and Security Lawyers
- The Personal Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2020
- Amendments to the Personal Data Protection Act
- Proposing a new statutory tort of misuse of private information
- PDPA application to M&A transactions
- Combating fake news: anti-doxxing measures and other amendments to the Protection from Harassment Act
- Protection from Online Falsehoods and Manipulation Act – An Overview
- Recent updates to the Personal Data Protection Act investigation and enforcement regime
- Fine of $1,000,000 imposed on SingHealth and IHiS for breach of Personal Data Protection Act
- Compliance with the GDPR in Singapore
- PDPA implications of the WhatsApp terms and conditions
- Personal Data Protection Committee issues sector specific advisory guidelines
- PDPA & DNC Registry