Having handled transactions for numerous local and foreign companies across Asia, extending across a wide range of businesses and industries, we have accumulated significant experience advising on an extensive range of corporate finance transactions.
Initial Public Offerings (IPOs)
Convertible bonds issues
Takeovers and reverse takeovers
Interested person transactions
Employee share option schemes and performance share schemes
Compliance with the requirements of the Singapore Exchange
Rankings Received From Professional and Commercial Publications In 2020
CNPLaw LLP advised Axcelasia Inc. in its divestment of principal subsidiaries to the Hong Kong Tricor group, for a consideration of RM69.7 million
CNPLaw LLP advised Axcelasia Inc., a company listed on the SGX-ST engaged in the provision of tax advisory and business consultancy services, in its divestment of principal subsidiaries to the Hong Kong Tricor group for a consideration of RM69.7 million. In connection with the proposed divestment, the majority shareholders of the company also gave irrevocable undertakings to vote in favour of the transaction at the extraordinary general meeting. The transaction was completed on 15 April 2020.
Click on the bullet points to find out more
- CNPLaw LLP advised a Singapore graphic design company on additional financing of over S$70 million
- CNPLaw LLP acted for a Singapore biotechnology company in its series B funding of S$15 million from US and Japanese venture capital firms
- CNPLaw LLP acted for one of Japan’s leading fresh produce distributors in its investment of over S$30 million in a Singapore company
- CNPLaw advised CBMM Supply Services and Solutions Pte. Ltd. on its seed fundraising
- CNPLaw advised a Singapore online e-commerce platform operator on its series A fundraising
- CNPLaw LLP advised China Tobacco International (HK) Company Limited (“Company”) as to Singapore law in its listing on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong
- CNPLaw LLP advised a Hong Kong listed gaming company on the purchase of convertible notes in a Singapore cloud-based solutions company
- CNPLaw advised Singapore-based Eggriculture Foods Ltd., on its listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- CNPLaw advised the e-commerce enabler, Synagie Corporation Ltd., on its listing on the Catalist Board of Singapore Exchange
- CNPLaw advised Shuang Yun Holdings Limited on its Listing on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited
- CNPLaw acts for Mogul Coal Holdings Pte. Ltd. on its proposed acquisition of listing status from Eratat Lifestyle Limited (Under Judicial Management)
- CNPLaw appointed as solicitors to the placement and Singapore legal adviser to MM2 Asia Ltd in its listing on the Catalist board of the SGX-ST
- CNPLaw advised local producer on equity investment and co-production agreement
- CNPLaw advised the target company listed on SGX-ST on a proposed takeover by way of a scheme of arrangement
- CNPLaw advised the controlling shareholder of Want Want Holdings Ltd. on the US$850 million financing of the delisting offer for the company’s shares
CNPupdates – publications written by our Corporate Finance and Capital Markets Lawyers
- MAS, SIC and SGX RegCo: Offer documents may be disseminated electronically for rights issues and take-over or merger transactions
- SGX RegCo: Automatic extension for the release of full year unaudited financial statements for issuers with financial years ending in February, March and April 2020
- SGX Regulator’s Column: Issuers’ disclosures during the COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 Update: Alternative arrangements for meetings for companies
- Extension of time to hold annual general meetings (“AGMs”) and issue annual reports for listed companies
- Measures to support issuers amid challenging COVID-19 business climate
- Updates on the holding of AGMs for companies listed on the SGX
- Changes to the Quarterly Reporting Framework for SGX-Listed Companies
- SGX Grants Qualified Issuers Time Extension for Holding AGMs
- Amendments to the Listing Manual – Enhanced Disclosure Requirements with respect to Interested Person Transactions
- SGX-ST Reviews Tools Used to Deal with Market Manipulation Risk
- Changes to the voluntary delisting rules announced by the SGX RegCo on 11 July 2019
- The listing decision by The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited on reasons for the rejection of certain listing applications in 2018
- The Singapore Exchange Listing Decision On The Use Of A Business/Ownership Structure To Comply With Foreign Ownership Restrictions
- The Monetary Authority of Singapore launches grant to enhance Capital Raising and Enterprise Financing in Singapore
- Privatisation of a company listed in Singapore
- Proposed changes to SGX’s minimum trading price requirement
- Quistclose trusts – what they are and how to use them
- Facilitating Cross-Border Capital Raising in ASEAN
- Companies (Amendments) Bill 2014
- Changes to the Regulation of Over-The-Counter Derivatives in Singapore
- MAS and SGX propose measures to strengthen the securities market
- SGX consults public on reduced board lot size
- SGX introduces new Mainboard MOG rules
- SGX introduces new listing rules relating to the holding of general meetings in Singapore, voting by poll and the disclosure of voting outcomes
- SGX revises Mainboard Listing Fees
- Presentation on Listing on SGX Catalist (Legal Considerations)
The Corporate Finance and Capital Markets Team
As a managing partner, Lisa sees a need to ensure that our clients see us as their business partner and not a just legal service provider. Our aim is to provide innovative legal solutions for our clients across Asia with a high level of service and support that will help our clients better manage and succeed in their own businesses.
Pradeep acts for corporations, whether they are private or listed companies, on all aspects of their business including advice and drafting of documentation on investments, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions and restructurings. For 2020, Pradeep was rated as “Highly Regarded” for Capital Markets by IFLR1000.
Min-Li’s principal areas of expertise are in corporate and financial services. For 2018 and 2019, she was recognised as Singapore’s Top 100 private practice lawyers by Asia Business Law Journal. For 2020, She is rated as “Highly Regarded”, ranked as a “Distinguished Practitioner” and “Recommended” for Capital Markets by IFLR1000, Asialaw Leading Lawyers and The Legal 500 Asia Pacific respectively.
Bill is an English lawyer who is also registered to practise Singapore law and he is recognised by professional and commercial publications. According to Chambers and Partners, Bill is “experienced in providing regulatory advice and drafting fund documentation.” For 2020, IFLR1000 has rated him as “Highly Regarded”, Asialaw Leading Lawyers has ranked him as a “Distinguished practitioner” and The Legal 500 Asia Pacific has “Recommended” him.
Jimmy’s main areas of practice for non-contentious work are Indonesia related corporate and commercial matters – such as investment into Indonesia, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, and franchising & licensing. In addition, he also focuses on Singapore and Hong Kong IPO-related legal due diligence.
Hazel main areas of practice include cross-border M&A, joint ventures, private equity and general corporate advisory. Hazel has advised various companies ranging from tech start-ups to blue-chip MNCs. She is recognised as a “Notable Practitioner” by IFLR1000 for 2019 and 2020.
Xiaomeng’s practice is focused on corporate finance, M&A and general corporate advisory. A notable highlight of her career at CNPLaw was that she was part of a team who advised Shuang Yun Holdings Limited on its listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and raised approximately HK$113.6 million in net proceeds.
Jennifer’s main areas of practice are corporate finance, debt and equity capital markets and general corporate advisory. A notable highlight of her career at CNPLaw was that she was part of a team who advised Eggriculture Foods Ltd. on its listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and raised approximately HK$33.9 million in net proceeds.
Jolyn’s main area of practice includes corporate advisory and employment matters. Jolyn also has experience handling Corporate Finance and Capital Markets matters. Prior to joining CNPLaw, she was trained in various practice areas of law with a focus on commercial litigation and family law.
Parasuram (Para) is an associate in the Corporate Advisory Practice Group. Para has advised clients from various industries, including F&B, healthcare and pharmaceutical industries, on corporate and compliance matters. Being fluent in Mandarin, he has also advised numerous clients from China and Taiwan.
Ellie is in the firm’s Corporate Finance team and was admitted to practise as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2013. she has been involved in various initial public offerings and listings on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited and has advised issuers, sponsors and underwriters.