The lawyers from the Banking & Finance Practice Group (BFPG) have always taken pride in providing a comprehensive range of banking and finance services to our clients, including domestic and foreign international banks, other financial institutions as well as non-bank lenders and borrowers, and foreign legal firms acting for parties outside Singapore.
Our banking & finance practice covers the whole spectrum of domestic and international banking & financing work, including restructurings, financings and financial institutions advisory work. We can draw upon a broad base of partners, senior, mid-level and junior associates, all with strong and varied banking & finance product line and country experience.
Our reach is further widened and enhanced by our ability to draw upon the resources of our network of correspondent firms in the region and globally.
Our banking and finance work includes:
Loan and Credit Facilities
Capital Markets – Debt
Restructuring and Workouts
Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Application
Banking Regulation and Compliance
Rankings Received From Professional and Commercial Publications In 2020
A client shared the feedback with Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020
“The strong team is very efficient with allocation of time and tasks. It responds in a timely fashion and progress is properly scheduled.”
- Lend Collective
- Beijing Enterprise Water Group
Click on the bullet points to find out more
- CNPLaw LLP acted as Singapore law counsel in a cross-border finance secured real estate transaction between an Australian lender and an Australian borrower with a Singapore parent company
- CNPLaw LLP advised the largest private bank in India on secured back-to-back letter of credit facilities to PT Virema Impex in Indonesia and Virema Commodities Pte. Ltd.
- CNPLaw LLP provided Singapore law legal advice to a client on the new Precious Stones and Precious Metals (Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing) Act 2019 and the Payment Services Act 2019
- CNPLaw advises Symphony International Holdings Limited on its acquisition of equity stake in Indo Trans Logistics Corporation
- CNPLaw advised Beijing Enterprises Water Group Limited on corporate guarantee for BEWG-USH NEWater Plant
- CNPLaw advised on the acquisition of a series of four industrial buildings
- CNPLaw advised Singapore entrepreneur group on online debt-based crowd funding platform under MAS CMS licence
- CNPLaw acted for HSBC Bank plc on a term and revolving credit facilities matter
- CNPLaw advised on Conditional Sale and Purchase Agreement/Convertible Loan Agreement relating to International Natural Resources Pte. Ltd.
- CNPLaw advised Bilcare Singapore Pte. Limited on its restructuring of US$45.5m of convertible bonds and US$44.5m bonds with warrants to subscribe for shares of Bilcare Limited
- CNPLaw advised a leading hedge fund manager on a proposed debt restructuring of a large cross-border business by means of a Singapore scheme of arrangement
CNPupdates – publications written by our Banking and Finance Lawyers
- MAS Consultation Paper on a New Omnibus Act for the Financial Sector
- S$6 Million Grant Scheme Available to Singapore FinTech Firms
- Registration of precious stones and precious metals dealers
- MAS launches sandbox express for insurance brokers, recognised market operators and remittance businesses
- Consultation for Payment Services Regulations
- Regulating the Next Generation of Payment Services: An Overview of the New Regulatory Framework under the Payment Services Bill
- Singapore stamp duty to be extended to electronic documents?
- Back to the future on stamp duty on share purchase agreements? And the contingency principle
- How Initial Coin Offerings (“ICOs”) are regarded or regulated in various countries
- Summary of MAS Guideline on Digital Token Offerings
- Initial Coin Offerings
- CNPLaw’s partner, Mr Bill Jamieson featured in article on “MAS to consult industry on new regulation governing financial benchmark setting”
- MAS directs bank to shut down in Singapore over serious breaches of anti-money laundering requirements
- Consultation Paper on the Removal of the DBU-ACU Divide
- Practical aspects of the revised and new Anti-Money Laundering Notices for Banks and Credit Card / Charge Card Licensees issued by the Monetary Authority of Singapore
- MAS Proposed Guidelines on Outsourcing
- Proposed amendments to the MAS Notice 626 and introduction of the proposed MAS Notice 626A
- MAS releases consultation paper on proposed amendments to the Securities and Futures Act – Amendments arising from OTC reforms
- Stamp Duties (Amendment) Bill 2014
- Bitcoin (Part 2)
- Bitcoin (Part 1)
- Singapore takes steps against tax crimes and moves towards better international cooperation on tax matters
The Banking and Finance Team
Li Fei is “Recommended” by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020 and is said to have extensive regulatory expertise. With Li Fei heading the Banking and Finance Team, the firm has a longstanding presence in the finance segment and continues to make an impression in conventional and alternative finance, including engagements from credit funds.
Lorraine is experienced in advising clients, comprising start-ups and SMEs to multinational firms, on general corporate legal matters. Lorraine also assists with initial public offering exercises with the Corporate Finance team, and has experienced assisting Mr Quek Li Fei, head of CNPLaw’s Banking and Finance Practice Group on several Banking and Finance matters.
Jolyn’s main area of practice includes corporate advisory and employment matters. Jolyn also has experience handling Banking and Finance matters. She was trained in various practice areas of law with a focus on commercial litigation and family law prior to joining CNPLaw.
Wan Shuen is an Associate with Banking and Finance Experience. Find out more about Wan Shuen and the transactions that she was involved in. One notable experience of hers – she assisted in advising Symphony International Holdings Limited on a structured transaction for a wholly-owned subsidiary to provide funds to Su Misura Pte Ltd.