At CNPLaw LLP (“CNP”), we believe that everyone has some knowledge or experience or skills to contribute to the firm. We value our people and want every person in the firm to have the opportunity to develop and achieve their highest potential. We therefore invite applicants who are highly committed and motivated with strong work ethics to join us.
Corporate Advisory Practice Group
We are looking for a young lawyer qualified to practise Singapore law to work in our corporate advisory team. The ideal candidate should have:
- at least 1 to 2 years of experience with corporate work involving M&A, private equity, joint ventures and cross-border transactions as well as general corporate and commercial work;
- good technical legal and drafting skills, with attention to details;
- the ability to articulate well with colleagues and clients;
- the ability to work well under pressure and multi-task efficiently; and
- a self-driven approach and positive attitude.
Lawyers with a minimum of 5 years’ PQE
We invite lawyers who have a minimum of 5 years’ PQE to apply for leadership positions in the following practice areas:
Experience in general private property and HDB conveyancing work including sale, purchase, refinancing; CPF work, experience in managing and growing a conveyancing team and delivering services efficiently will be an advantage.
Experience in IP regulatory advice, registration of trademarks and designs, IP Licensing, IP due diligence and enforcement of IP rights; experience and interest in managing and growing the practice will be an advantage.
Corporate and Commercial
Experience in M&A, joint ventures, general corporate commercial work, employment law; TMT/Competition/Anti-trust experience will be an advantage.
Wealth Management/Private Clients
Experience in trusts, succession and estate planning, setting up family offices and general advisory to high net-worth individuals & their families.
Experience in IPOs/RTOs, subsequent fund-raising exercises, equity and debt issues, regulatory and listing manual compliance.
Project and Asset Finance
Experience in sophisticated asset and infrastructure deals, including complex project contracts, leasing and financing.
Experience in corporate, regulatory and financial services with a technology focus
Candidates with the necessary credentials and relationships to contribute to the strategic & business objectives of the firm can look forward to partnership prospects.
Accounts Executive / Officer
Role & responsibilities:
- Assist in day-to-day general accounting matters
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing business transactions (e.g. invoices & payments, bills & receipts)
- Identify incoming funds from bank statements; reconcile bank statements
- Month-end closing; year-end financial closing
- Perform other ad-hoc accounting/ administrative duties as required
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting or Finance; LCCI qualifications
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- A team player but able to also work independently under tight deadlines
Practice Trainings and Internships
At CNP, our practice trainees are an integral part of the firm. Hence, the learning and development of each trainee is important to us.
We want you to experience as much of our practice as possible. This means you will have an opportunity to experience different disciplines through rotations with different practice groups throughout your training contract.
Our distinct advantage is our size. We are large and diverse enough to provide you with the chance of being exposed to different areas of law but at the same time able to provide you with the personal coaching that you will require to become an outstanding legal practitioner.
Our Practice Trainee Package comprises
- A competitive Monthly Honorarium during the training contract period
- Traineeship Allowance of up to $500 per month for time spent on Preparatory Course leading up to Part B of the Singapore Bar Examinations
- Reimbursement of the fees for the Preparatory Course leading to Part B of the Singapore Bar Examinations a year after retention as an Associate.
- Filing and stamping fees of court documents necessary for admission to the Singapore Bar upon retention as an Associate.
Applicants shortlisted for a practice training contract with the firm are expected to attend a month-long structured internship program in July. The program is open to undergraduates who have completed at least 2 years of law school. All applicants who are accepted are expected to commit themselves to the full program which will cover the varied aspects of legal practice.
The closing date for applications is 15 March every year; shortlisting and interviews are scheduled for the month of April and formal acceptance will be communicated to applicants by end-April.
Applicants who are interested to apply for a practice training contract with the firm, or a place in the formal July internship program, may submit their resume with a recent photograph to:.
600 North Bridge Road, #13-01, Parkview Square