At CNP, we believe that everyone has some knowledge or experience or skills to contribute to the firm. We value our people and want every person in the firm to have the opportunity to develop and achieve their highest potential. We therefore invite applicants who are highly committed and motivated with strong work ethics to join us.
Colin Ng & Partners LLP, a leading full-service regional law firm, is growing and is inviting applicants who have a minimum of 5 years’ PQE to apply for leadership positions in the following practice areas:
Experience in general private property and HDB conveyancing work including sale, purchase, refinancing; CPF work, experience in managing and growing a conveyancing team and delivering services efficiently will be an advantage
Experience in IP regulatory advice, registration of trademarks and designs, IP Licensing, IP due diligence and enforcement of IP rights; experience and interest in managing and growing the practice will be an advantage
Corporate & Commercial
Experience in M&A, joint ventures, general corporate commercial work, employment law; TMT/Competition/Anti-trust experience will be an advantage
Experience in investment advisory and fund structure, development and management; advising fund managers; advice on and application for MAS licences and regulatory compliance
Wealth Management/Private Clients
Experience in trusts, succession and estate planning, setting up family offices and general advisory to high net-worth individuals & their families
Experience in IPOs/RTOs, subsequent fund-raising exercises, equity and debt issues, regulatory and listing manual compliance
Project & Asset Finance
Experience in sophisticated asset and infrastructure deals, including complex project contracts, leasing and financing
Experience in corporate, regulatory and financial services with a technology focus
Candidates with the necessary credentials and relationships to contribute to the strategic & business objectives of the firm can look forward to partnership prospects.
Colin Ng & Partners LLP, a leading full-service regional law firm, is inviting applicants who are highly committed and motivated with a strong work ethic and are team players to apply for positions in the following practice areas:
Role: to identify, collect, organise and manage the firm’s knowledge in support of the firm’s practice
- Design and implement protocols and policies regarding how to save information and how to find information so that relevant and updated precedents are accessible to all;
- Interact with lawyers and staff to facilitate the sharing of information within a practice group, as well as across practice groups;
- Provide training on how to use the firm’s document and knowledge management systems more efficiently and effectively;
- Implement measures so that lawyers and staff make greater use of knowledge management technology to classify, store, search and retrieve information;
- Determine the firm’s knowledge requirements and gaps; build the firm’s knowledge base; and
- Identify opportunities to use knowledge management to improve operations.
- Bachelor’s degree, LLB preferred;
- Experience in research and information management;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong work ethic; and
- Continuous improvement mindset.
Accounts Executive / Officer
Role & responsibilities:
- Assist in day-to-day general accounting matters
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing business transactions (e.g. invoices & payments, bills & receipts)
- Identify incoming funds from bank statements; reconcile bank statements
- Month-end closing; year-end financial closing
- Perform other ad-hoc accounting/ administrative duties as required
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting or Finance; LCCI qualifications
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- A team player but able to also work independently under tight deadlines
Role & responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing all accounting support for the firm’s operations including preparation of full set of financial reports
- Responsible for overall financial, cost and management accounting, credit control, GST, taxation, budgeting and cash flow planning
- Formulates and implements financial policies, analyses business information, and advises management on overall business operations
- Reviews, streamlines and updates all Finance SOPs & policies periodically to maintain a strong internal control structure and achieve overall firm-wide efficiency and effectiveness
- Meets all statutory and internal financial reporting deadlines
- Liaises with auditors, bankers and relevant government authorities
- Supervises four Finance staff
- Bachelor of Accountancy/ACCA with minimum 4 years of managerial experience
- Is current with the latest changes in financial, tax and GST regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially advanced Excel skills
- Analytical mind, good organisational and interpersonal skills, meticulous and detail oriented
Practice Trainings and Internships
At CNP, our practice trainees are an integral part of the firm. Hence, the learning and development of each trainee is important to us.
We want you to experience as much of our practice as possible. This means you will have an opportunity to experience different disciplines through rotations with different practice groups throughout your training contract.
Our distinct advantage is our size. We are large and diverse enough to provide you with the chance of being exposed to different areas of law but at the same time able to provide you with the personal coaching that you will require to become an outstanding legal practitioner.
Our Practice Trainee Package comprises
- A competitive Monthly Honorarium during the training contract period
- Traineeship Allowance of up to $500 per month for time spent on Preparatory Course leading up to Part B of the Singapore Bar Examinations
- Reimbursement of the fees for the Preparatory Course leading to Part B of the Singapore Bar Examinations a year after retention as an Associate.
- Filing and stamping fees of court documents necessary for admission to the Singapore Bar upon retention as an Associate.
Applicants shortlisted for a practice training contract with the firm are expected to attend a month-long structured internship program in July. The program is open to undergraduates who have completed at least 2 years of law school. All applicants who are accepted are expected to commit themselves to the full program which will cover the varied aspects of legal practice.
The closing date for applications is 15 March every year; shortlisting and interviews are scheduled for the month of April and formal acceptance will be communicated to applicants by end-April.
Applicants who are interested to apply for a practice training contract with the firm, or a place in the formal July internship program, may submit their resume with a recent photograph to:.
Colin Ng & Partners LLP
600 North Bridge Road, #13-01, Parkview Square