At CNPLaw, our practice trainees are an integral part of the firm. Hence, the learning and development of each trainee is important to us. Throughout the training contract, you will have the opportunity to experience different disciplines by working with associates and partners of different practice areas.
Applicants shortlisted for a practice training contract in 2022/2023 with the firm are expected to attend a month-long structured internship programme in June/July 2020. We invest considerable time and resources to run the programme which is open to all undergraduates. However, in our experience, applicants who have completed at least 2 years of law school tend to find the programme more rewarding. All applicants who are accepted into the internship programme are expected to commit themselves to the full programme which will cover the varied aspects of legal practice.
Priority for training contracts is offered to those who have completed the internship programme with us.
Our Practice Trainee Package comprises
- A competitive monthly honorarium during the training contract period.
- Traineeship allowance for time spent on preparatory course leading up to Part B of the Singapore Bar Examinations.
- Reimbursement of the fees for the preparatory course leading to Part B of the Singapore Bar Examinations a year after retention as an associate.
- Filing and stamping fees of court documents necessary for admission to the Singapore Bar upon retention as an associate.
First-year associates can expect a competitive salary package.
HOW DO I APPLY
Applications for Practice Training in 2022/2023 may be made at any time. Email us at email@example.com with the subject title “Application for PTC2022” or “Application for PTC2023“, as appropriate. Please include the following in your application:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae (including a recent photo of yourself)
- Transcript of your academic results (from GCE “O” level onwards)
- Testimonials and other document(s) you wish us to consider
Please also indicate in your cover letter your preferred practice group, as well as your availability in June or July 2020 for the internship programme.
We endeavour to contact shortlisted candidates within 6 to 8 weeks of their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the internship programme with us in June/July 2020.