Home > Our People > Bill JAMIESON
Bill is an English lawyer who is also registered to practise Singapore law in the areas of corporate law, banking and finance and securities laws. His experience includes 10 years in the City of London and over 20 years in Asia, based in Singapore. Before joining CNP, Bill was a partner in a well-known international law firm. He has worked for clients from all over the world on M&A, capital markets, investment fund, private equity, project finance, leveraged buy-out and restructuring transactions. His focus is on assisting clients access Asian markets and investment flows through Singapore. He also advises on financial services regulatory and employment issues.
Bill is a leading individual for Corporate and M&A as well as recommended lawyer for Banking and Finance, Employment and Restructuring & Insolvency in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016. He is also a leading lawyer for Investment Funds in IFLR1000 2016, Chambers Asia Pacific 2016, and Asialaw Leading Lawyer 2016.
- Singapore chapter from the third edition of Investment Funds (Sweet & Maxwell, International Series)
- Author of joint ventures precedents for LexisNexis Practical Guidance Singapore
- Editor of the Singapore volume of Doing Business in Asia published by Thomson Reuters. This guide provides a thorough framework to the economic and legal structures of the country
- CNP Singapore Takeover Guide 2016
- CNP Guide to Singapore Private Company Mergers and Acquisitions 2015
- CNP Employment Law Guide 2015
- Development of corporate rescue mechanisms and the proposed insolvency law in Singapore 2014
Bill's recent transactions include:
counsel to Hera Capital and DSG Consumer Partners in their private equity investment into home-grown store chain SaladStop! The funds invested will be deployed in growing the company's operations in Singapore and into new markets such as Indonesia, Hong Kong and Japan and developing its online and mobile platforms.
counsel for the launch of Wavemaker Pacific 1 Pte. Ltd. a Singapore domiciled, Asia Pacific focussed fund that makes venture capital investments in private companies primarily in high technology industries, including enterprise software, mobile, internet of things, and online marketplaces.
counsel for the founder and seller of Expat Insurance Pte Ltd. on its sale to MSH International, a subsidiary of Siaci Saint Honore, one of the leading insurance brokers in France, backed by Ardian, the well-known private equity house.